Vacancy Programme Director NLR Indonesia
The Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR), is a professional organisation working in leprosy and disabilities. Yearly around 200,000 people are affected by this disease. NLR has been supporting projects in Indonesia for more than 40 years, initially in leprosy disease control and later also the rehabilitation of persons with disabilities due to leprosy and persons with general disabilities.
The Netherlands Leprosy Relief is a non-profit organisation and active in 15 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. NLR maintains seven Country/Regional Offices and the total year budget is some € 10 million. Indonesia is one of NLR’s most important programmes with an approximate budget of approximately € one million per year.
The main partner for leprosy control is the Ministry of Health of Indonesia. At provincial level, the provincial health services are important partners. For rehabilitation, NLR Indonesia works closely with a number of local Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Disabled Persons Organisations (DPOs) and with other important stakeholders such as Universities and Hospitals.
The NLR team based in Jakarta consists of 16 staff, including office staff, Programme Managers and advisers on leprosy control and disabilities. NLR provides technical support, on the job training, and coaching to provincial health programmes, local NGOs and DPOs. NLR is currently going through a transition process where all Country/Regional Offices are transformed into local NGOs working together in a federation with NLR. In light of this process, programme management of the organisation needs to be enhanced.
We are looking for a full-time Programme Director
What does the work imply?
- As Programme Director you will be responsible for the management of the overall NLR programme in Indonesia. You will contribute to the proper positioning of NLR Indonesia, creating and strengthening alliances and partnerships in Indonesia. You will, together with the Institutional Fundraising Officers, look for strategies to raise Institutional Fundraising for the projects and programmes.
- In this position you will directly report to the Country Director of NLR Indonesia.
- Furthermore, you will contribute to a proper utilization of NLR funds and funds from other donors who contribute to the programme. You will see to the timely production, processing and transmission of all required plans and reports. You will foster and maintain a good cooperation with all relevant stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a Senior all round Manager with a relevant, academic Master degree, with at least 10 years of experience in programme management working with or in NGOs. This also includes experience in financial management, PM&E, HR management. You have proven experience in Institutional Fundraising and you have managed donor-funded projects. You preferably have experience in managing Public Health programmes or Civil Society Development programmes. Besides strong leadership, you have proven strategic skills including decision making and networking. You have affinity with working in a multicultural working environment and excellent communication skills. You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Active knowledge and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is an important advantage. You will make frequent duty travels inside Indonesia.
What do we offer?
- A responsible position with a challenging agenda.
- An initial contract for one year, with the intention to extend this contract, depending on performance and funding.
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated.
- Employment package which is commensurate with the position and market competitive.
- Duty station is Jakarta.
- Full-time employment of 40 hours per week.
Are you interested?Are you interested in this position and do you meet the profile? Send your application letter, CV and 3 referees to email@example.com, no later than 30 April 2016. Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.