Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 90 million in annual turnover, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 32 countries. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 42 years.
The Swisscontact Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Job Title: Head of Monitoring and Result Measurement
Job Code: HMRM-JKT2
Place of duty: Jakarta, with frequent travel to other locations in Indonesia
Number of Position: 1 person
Starting Date: April 2016 / ASAP
Contract Duration: Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
Type of Staff: Indonesian National
SCPP is a large public-private development partnership in Indonesia, which started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, the Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, the Millennium Challenge Account for Indonesia (MCA-I), and six leading Private Sector cocoa and chocolate companies over 2012 – 2020. The Program works directly with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces, with a planned expansion to include 130,000 cocoa farmers within 50 districts, to improve farm productivity and cocoa quality, livelihood conditions, and supply- chain transparency, while reducing the environmental footprint.
The Head of Monitoring and Result Measurement (HMRM) is responsible for leading the MRM team to design, monitor, measure, and report targets and their achievements in coordination with the Program implementation team. The Head of MRM is responsible for the overall MRM deliverables, management of the MRM team and coordination with the Heads of other Units. The Head of MRM is also a member of the Core Leadership Team (CLT) of SCPP and is expected to actively participate as a senior manager in the design and implementation of the Program.
- Overall leadership of a team of 16 employees indirectly through the supervision of three managers;
- Responsible for the accuracy of data maintained on all Program activities and beneficiaries;
- Responsible for the quality of written reporting/documenting Program activities and beneficiaries;
- Responsible for the accuracy of land use mapping and GPS data collected on all Program activities and beneficiaries;
- Responsible for instructing the Program implementation team and partners (in cooperation with the Head of Program Implementation) to ensure the delivery of all MRM data and information from Program target areas is on time and accurate;
- Responsible for the continuous development and upgrading of the program management information system CocoaTrace, outsourced to Indonesian software start-up company, to provide appropriate and accurate data for MRM and reporting activities;
- Identifying and testing innovative approaches in monitoring, evaluating, result measurement, and adaptive management learning systems;
- Ensuring that all MRM Staff are trained in data integrity and the proper maintenance of the CocoaTrace farm and program management software;
- Responsible for continuous organization and management of field and beneficiary surveys (Program baselines and post-lines), and impact evaluations in accordance to MRM and donor requirements;
- Continuous updating of the SOP for the data collection and evaluation processes;
- Supervision of and ultimate responsibility for data collection, data cleaning, and the data analysis processes in collaboration with MRM Staff and the Head of Program Implementation to meet reporting deadlines and provide evidence for the achievement of KPIs and Program targets.
Communication, Supervision and Reporting
- Regular appraisal of MRM staff and the provision of feedback and guidance;
- Preparation and design of the necessary documentation and materials needed for staff development workshops;
- Gaining and sharing SCPP experience and knowledge through active participation at national and international stakeholder platforms and events (task forces, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.);
- Co-authoring (with the Head of Program Implementation) of bi-annual reports to Program donors and implementation partners;
- Co-authoring (with the Head of Program Implementation) of additional reports to Program donors and implementation partners as per individual agreements and requests;
- Responsible for supervising MRM monitoring plans, surveys and research, and identifying follow-up needed to ensure the accuracy and totality of data collected on activities and beneficiaries;
- Identifying bottlenecks and challenges with MRM implementation and creating action plans with the MRM Data Manager, the MRM Reporting Manager, and the MRM GIS Manager;
- Regular reporting to the Program Director;
- Regular coordination with the Research and Content Development Unit to ensure the Program incorporates state of the art Logframe Matrixes and Key Performance Indicators related to training facilitation and capacity building training modules;
- Regular Coordination with Government Relation Unit to ensure data and information collection required from government agencies;
- Coordination with the Business Administration Unit to ensure that support services - including IT infrastructure, and finance management data and information is available based on MRM and reporting requirements;
- Coordination with the PR and Media Unit to ensure accurate and up-to-date MRM information is available for Program marketing purposes (public presentations, case studies, articles, Program website, and stakeholder networks).
Education and Qualification
- Master's degree with a focus in statistics, relevant sciences, communication or business;
- Training in DCED Standard or similar further qualifications.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in international development project implementation is required;
- Experience managing a team of five or more people (be specific about team size and duration of management experience in application);
- At least three (5) years of progressively responsible experience in MRM and/or M&E is required;
- Good understanding of development project implementation, particularly in rural and/or agricultural development is required;
- Experience in managing M&E data, MRM, and SQL database is required;
- Experience in Web and Android Software Application is a strong advantage;
- Additional background experience in private sector development, value chain analysis, and community development would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on April, 21st 2016, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tel. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE in the SUBJECT: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.