The Center for Public Policy Transformation
The establishment of The Center for Public Policy Transformation in Indonesia (Transformasi) in 2014 was driven by the vision to contribute to the process of decentralization through strengthening credibility, responsibility, transparency and accountability of the local government to govern more effectively through effective policies. The organization’s mission is to promote knowledge, evidence, and best practices as the basis of the policy-making process and encourage deliberative involvement of stakeholders in the process. Transformasi works with think tank groups to conduct policy research, case study analysis and facilitate policy forum involving mayors and district heads in order to identify the best possible recommendations for policy makers.
With the support from Indonesian Climate Change Trust Fund (ICCTF), Transformasi manages a one-year project titled “Strengthening Institutional Aspects of the Local Government in order to Integrate Climate Change Adaptation into the Local Development Plan” in Gorontalo District, Gorontalo Province. The project is aimed to improve the capacity of the government to assess vulnerability and risk to climate change, then develop a climate change adaptation strategy along with stakeholders in sectors most vulnerable to climate change. These sectors will be identified during program implementation. The strategy will serve as the basis for Regional Adaptation Plan for Climate Change Adaptation (Rencana Adaptasi Daerah Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim, in short is RAD-API).
To support the aforementioned project, Transformasi is looking for a Climate Change Adaptation Technical Specialist (CCA TS).
The CCA TS is a non-fulltime job for May 2016 - March 2017 period with work area covers Jakarta and Gorontalo district.
The CCA TS will be working with Transformasi team (Project Director, Project Coordinator, Field Facilitator and Policy Analyst), local government bodies, local NGOs and local universities to:
- Update the existing climate change vulnerability assessment and synthesize it into climate change adaptation scenarios.
- Develop a climate change adaptation strategy for Gorontalo District based on the assessment and scenario as well as consultation with multi stakeholders.
- Engage with policymakers (as part of Transformasi team) at the district, provincial and national levels through executive meeting, FGD, policy forum, i.e. as resource person or facilitator.
- Intensely work with working groups as key stakeholders to achieve set deliverables.
Desired Qualifications and Experiences
- Possesses an advanced degree in Environment, ideally in Climate Change Adaptation or a related field.
- Has proven experience in climate change adaptation research projects, preferably those having experience conducting vulnerability assessment or CCA strategy
- Has at least 5 years of experience working with non-profit organizations or research institutes/ center studies or national or international development agencies in Indonesia, with Climate Change Adaptation as a focus.
- Possesses sound understanding on climate change adaptation related environmental policies and practices, decentralization policies, and related regulations at the national and sub-national level as well as international (RAN-API, SDG’s, NAMA’s, UNFCCC, etc.)
- Has a good network with climate change adaptation policy actors at the national level
- Is familiar with the policy making process at the national and sub-national level.
- Has good public speaking skill, strong written and verbal communication skills, writing skill, is a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal abilities
- Has proven experiences working with stakeholders at the district level, including the local government, academics, and CSOs.
Please submit a cover letter responding to the Terms of Reference attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, example of previous writing / publication on climate change adaptation, as well as expected rate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted by 30 April 2015. Shortlisted candidate will be notified for further process. The selected technical specialist is expected to start working in the second week of May 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.