Position: Consultant on Public Space Development / Project Site Supervisor
Location: Surabaya city
Duration: 7 (seven) months
Supervisor: Strategic Services Manager
Purpose of Assignment
To ensure the quality and smooth process of public space development planning with local community, local government, and the construction company and to analyze and formulate public space report in accordance with the donor's project guidance.
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is one of the eight Regional Sections of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG). UCLG ASPAC Secretariat is located in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is the largest association of local governments in the world and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. The Asia and Pacific region is the biggest regional section of UCLG that links more than 7.000 cities and local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people-more than half of the world population-and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitate programmes, networking and connectivity amongst them in building their capacities. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the International community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard quality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, women empowerment, and good governance.
In one of our thematic fields, UCLG ASPAC has been promoting public spaces in cities and territories. UCLG ASPAC in cooperation with its partners is currently working together on public space's development and construction in Asia Pacific region. Surabaya, one of the top biggest cities in Indonesia and the second most populated city in the country, is chosen as the first city to implement the Project for Public Spaces Development and Improvement. Surabaya has put a high priority on environment management and successfully transformed its image as a dirty and dry into a green and clean City. Surabaya City will also be the host of the Preparatory Committee (PrepCom) 3 of Habitat III Conference in July 2016. In addition to the construction progress, UCLG ASPAC will host a launching event as part of the awareness raising effort during the PrepCom 3.
Objective of the Assignment
The Project's Consultant is expected to do the following:
- To provide technical and managerial support in Project's implementation;
- To work closely with local counterparts and key stakeholders in Surabaya, mainly local community, universities and the city government and to coordinate and communicate smoothly to ensure good quality of the Project's planning and management of the construction;
Key Major Deliverables
The consultant will have several key major deliverables as follow:
- Initial report pre-construction phase;
- Progress report;
- End of the project report
In addition to assist to the deliverables above, the consultant is expected to produce:
- A template format report for contractor
- Weekly and Monthly reports
- To engage key partners of the Project, including local community, academe and other key stakeholders;
- To identify other similar initiatives carried out by NGOs/IGOs or else and suggest some approaches to link the Project with other initiatives;
- To disseminate methodology of the Project to local counterparts;
- To maintain good coordination among relevant actors (e.g community, local governments, sub-contractor, and etc) for successful completion of the Project;
- To monitor all phases of the Project to be reported in weekly basis to UCLG ASPAC;
- To ensure the implementation of Project is on schedule;
- To keep the organization's funding database and shared files accurate and up-to-date at all times;
- To provide assistance and lessons learned on awareness raising event (i.e. Project Launching during PrepCom 3 in July 2016);
- To summarize lessons learnt, best practices, with specific attention given to community participation, and gaps on project scope, methodology, and timeline.
- To provide recommendations on future replications of the Project.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from civil engineering, urban planning, architecture, or other related backgrounds.
- Minimum 2 years of experience on project supervision, assessment, and reporting.
- Good substantive and technical understanding in urban development and community engagement.
- Good working knowledge of English.
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision.
- Ability to manage complex coordination amongst various stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret information, to identify and analyze problems and produce innovative solutions.
- Good organizational skills and able to deal with a broad range of staff and to respond to their queries.
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and responsibility towards completing assignments efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct
The consultant will be working for 7 months, starting the end of April.
The consultant will work under the direct supervisor of Strategic Services Manager.
Deadline for submission: 21 April 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.