Water.org, a U.S.-based non-governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Water.org has been in operation since 1990, implementing sustainable and scalable water and sanitation programs in conjunction with local partners including financial institutions, NGOs, and water/sanitation service providers.
Water.org has expanded its WaterCredit initiative over the last several years, which works by building the capacity of carefully selected local financial institutions to offer affordable financing for water and sanitation facilities. WaterCredit programs support financial institutions through a combination of financial assistance and technical support. Since 2003, Water.org has implemented WaterCredit programs with 48 partner financial institutions, facilitating 380,000 water and sanitation loans totaling over $75 million.
Water.org launched operations in Indonesia in early 2014 and seeks to build relationships with a broad range of financial institutions (microfinance institutions, commercial banks, BPRs, cooperatives) and water/sanitation service providers. Water.org Indonesia is currently developing and testing a model to further strengthen, finance, and expand Community Based Organizations/BPSPAMs/HIPPAMs (CBOs) established under the PAMSIMAS and SANIMAS programs. Water.org seeks to provide additional support to build CBO governance structures, technical and operational capacity and financial management skills to maintain and scale their water and sanitation services in rural Indonesia. Water.org also seeks to further inform financial institutions (FIs) about investment opportunities in the rural water supply sector and support FIs to increase loans to CBOs for financing management systems and infrastructure expansion.
Water.org seeks a highly skilled and highly motivated WaterCredit Officer to support the launch and implementation of the new program focused on rural water/sanitation supply. This position will be based in Jakarta with regular travel throughout Indonesia. The WaterCredit Officer will report to the CBO Program Manager.
The WaterCredit Officer will manage CBO-focused programs in partnership with Indonesia and U.S.-based staff, including program and financial management, partner development, and program monitoring and evaluation. The primary responsibility for this position is working with banks to promote CBO financing. The secondary responsibility is to support other team members with CBO mapping and strengthening. The task responsibilities include:
- Manage the lender participation on the CBO financing program. Review of new financial institutions or banks criteria for participation, credit review of proposed loans, manage all data and tracking system, generate all reports.
- Present CBO investment opportunities to financial institutions/investors (FIs), deliver training and support to FIs to underwrite and disburse loans to CBOs, and facilitate CBO loan applications.
Identify and assess CBOs and organize information into database that will be used to manage CBO strengthening and financing efforts. Identify strong CBOs with high potential to improve or expand piped water or sanitation services.
Working in coordination with the Local Government on the BPSPAMs/CBO Water and Sanitation Program, the CBO Association and the Government of Indonesia, strengthen high potential CBOs to ensure that they have the basic operational capacity to improve water and sanitation services, access commercial financing to expand, and sustain operations over the long-term.
- Analysis of proposed loans, cash flow projections for duration of loan, underwriting materials and documentation.
- Present lender nomination proposal to decisional committee with Lender analysis spreadsheet for decisional Committee provides written approval
- Prepare the draft agreement with the lender and send the final version to Lender for signature
- Analyze CBO bankability and identify CBOs ready to access commercial capital for infrastructure and service expansion
- Present to FIs information about the CBO market, build FI understanding of CBO investment opportunities, provide guidance to FIs in underwriting loans to CBOs
- Support to CBOs to complete FI loan applications, secure financing and effectively invest in management systems and infrastructure
- Review the submitted materials and confirm all facility requirements have been met with the CBO creditworthy. Ensuring the loan terms are suitable to allow for repayment (cash flows are adequate.
- Review and define standardized CBO operating requirements used assess, improve, and monitor CBO capacity
- Develop and maintain database of CBOs in high priority regencies and operational capacities of those CBOs
- Develop CBO training materials and capacity building tools; Deliver trainings to CBOs in different aspects of business management and operations, including planning, budgeting, operations, accounting, financial management, billing and customer service, and construction and maintenance of water facilities
- Support CBOs to secure engineering, construction, and other services from private sector providers
- Monitor CBO progress against standard operating capacity requirements including infrastructure and service expansion
- Coordinate collaboration with World Bank Water and Sanitation Program, BAPPENAS, PAMSIMAS, SANIMAS, FIs, local governments, and other stakeholders
- Organize and communicate information to track program performance, enhance CBO activities, and support the mission of Water.org
- Work closely with partners to ensure timely program implementation according to the budget and work plan
- At least five years of relevant experience with banking and financial sector as credit officer, financial analyst or credit analyst
- Strong understanding of financial statements and experience with financing or strengthening of water/sanitation service providers or other small businesses.
- Familiarity with water and sanitation provision in Indonesia
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with demonstrated record of outstanding academic and career achievement
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required
- Project management experience and entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven track record proactively identifying challenges and developing innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results working in a small team and playing a variety of roles
- Willingness to travel
- Advanced Excel skills
This is a one year contract position with strong potential for extension and competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV and a cover letter indicating their interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com)
Deadline: April 18, 2016
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please do not attempt to contact Water.org about the status of your application.
Water.org is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.