About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
WRI Indonesia requires a self-motivated, smart, detail oriented and highly organized individual to support its Operations Department as Operations Director.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide significant support to the Operations Department in streamlining current practices and identifying innovative solutions to the operations of the Indonesia office.
The Operations Director will also work closely with Operation team global office based in Washington, DC and other international offices
Establish and manage all operational processes for WRI Indonesia in accordance with Indonesian law and WRI policies including:
- Grants and Contract Stewardship and Compliance
- Human Resources
- Office Administration
- Business Planning
- Information Systems
- Risk Management
Finance and Compliance Lead:
- Enable smooth functioning of all WRI Indonesia programs by providing required operational support to all program staff.
- Ensures that there is sufficient capacity and oversight of compliance with the terms and conditions of all funding instruments.
- Review financial statements and activity reports, and other performance data to measure operational productivity and outcome achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff and assign specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize outcome, and increase efficiency.
- Work closely with individual project managers on an ongoing basis to ensure project grant financials and outcomes/deliverables are on track.
- Conduct quarterly financial reviews of program spending and revenue to minimize program risk of deficits or over-spending versus budget.
- Oversee external auditing activities (for the entity and projects), including negotiation of work and fees.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
Human Resources Lead
- Analyze and update HR-related policies, including compensation and benefits policies, to establish competitive programs and compliance with statutory requirements. Consult with the Global Operations Director and HR Partner to ensure consistency with WRI policies as much as feasible under Indonesia law.
- Oversee job descriptions, recruitment activities, wages, fringe benefits and HR matters and maintain coherence with other not-for-profit entities in Indonesia.
- Manage employee relations and help create a positive and productive work environment for all staff located in the Jakarta office.
- Ensure staff access to professional training and development opportunities.
- Ensure onboarding process for new team members is completed on a timely basis.
- Exchange information on a regular basis with the designated HR representative in the Washington, DC office.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects, in conjunction with WRI IT Director, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications and schedules.
- Confer with WRI Indonesia Office Director, the IT support team in DC, and project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Manage all other operational functions and staff in the Indonesia office to ensure sufficient staff capacity and strong internal controls.
- When necessary, represent the Indonesia Office Director.
- Oversee all the legal aspects of the Entity with external attorneys (Fiscal, statutory and labor aspects).
- Oversee all compliance, controls, financial and legal flows.
- Ensure that Employee Handbook and Administrative Procedures are up to date and relevant to the needs of the Indonesia office.
The position requires someone with some or all of the following qualifications:
- A detail-oriented and highly organized individual with at least 10+ years of hands-on experience in management and operations, ideally within an international nonprofit matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion to work with people across levels, functions and programs to build a strong coherent institution.
- Strong financial skills, with solid experience in financial planning, budget oversight, grants management, and oversight of sub-grants and contracts.
- Experience building operational and accounting capacity. Bias toward innovation; experience developing new systems to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and the Internet.
- Capability to learn and use software applications/databases that are used by WRI.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Flexible individual who can work independently, under minimal direction and supervision.
- Resourceful, ability to think out of the box, deal with ambiguous situations and come up with solutions where there are none apparently visible.
- Ability to take solid decisions based on available information.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Masters degree in business management, public administration, or related field. An MBA qualification will be desirable.
- Some international travel may be required.
- This position will report to Indonesia Country Director and the WRI Global Operations Director
- The holder of this position will be expected to operate in close liaison with the operations support teams in Washington, DC.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI Indonesia offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online at HERE All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
About WRI Indonesia
Established in January 2014 with its headquarter in Jakarta, WRI Indonesia is a non-profit research organization affiliated with the World Resources Institute, a global environmental think tank based in Washington D.C. Our 500 experts and staff work with partners in more than 50 countries; we have offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States. In Indonesia, we have run projects with partners for over 20 years, and WRI Indonesia was formally launched to build a robust in-country presence, to formalize existing partnerships, as well as strengthen our research on the ground.
WRI Indonesia’s work is united by and driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect.
WRI fosters a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.