CWS Indonesia is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is implementing a SOLIDARITAS (Supporting Local Institutions in Disaster Response Initiatives and Preparedness) Program with the intent of strengthening the capacity for disaster risk management to reduce the impact of natural disasters on communities in Toraja Utara, South Sulawesi and Timor Tengah Selatan, Nusa Tenggara Timur. The program undertakes this by strengthening the district level disaster management agencies (BPBD) and establishing and strengthening the capacity of the Community DRM Groups.
To support the implementation of the program, CWS is looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Program Officer – 2 positions; one in Tana Toraja, South Sulawesi; and one in Timor Tengah Selatan (NTT)
JOB SUMMARY: Under the Direction of the Project Manager, the Program Officer (PO) is responsible for specific project initiatives of CWS Indonesia Community-Based Disaster Risk Management Program. The PO should also assist the Project Manager for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project.
The position also requires coordination/ communication with local counter parts and CWS program staff. It also requires managerial, administration and documentation skills needed to improve and strengthen the work of implementing partners. Travel for monitoring is required. An ability to be flexible in working with local counter parts and as part of a “team” is essential.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS:
1. Implementation of CWS DRM Program
- Review project proposals submitted by prospective partners including local NGOs and Government bodies.
- Discuss with prospective partners concerning the proposals
- Monitor and visit the program implementations in the field.
- Facilitate daily project activity implementation with the communities and duty bearers (e.g. local leaders and BPBD personnel)
- Facilitate the understanding of Resilient Village among key stakeholders, especially community leaders and BPBD Personnel.
- Maintain strong working relationships within internal and external stakeholders;
- Coordinate with the Operation Unit in the procurement, transportation and distribution of all commodities required by the project.
- Ensure the necessary reports in timely and correct manner. i.e. monthly narrative, financial reports.
2. Provide technical assistance to potential partners i.e. yayasans especially focusing on Disaster Risk Reduction Initiatives as well other incidental program/activities.
- Work closely with partners in identifying their needs.
- Discuss with partners in determining the objective of programs and implementation strategies.
- Help them in identifying different needs.
- Providing technical supports to partners.
3. Partnering Strategies
- Participate in establishment of partnership and networks with Government bodies to enhance project initiatives.
- Build network with other experts, organizations and academic institutions.
4. Documentation and report writing
- Provide information, data and reports timely as requested
- Ensure that all program documentation and reports are filed properly.
- Make report of field visit.
5. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monitor the implementation of program in the field
- Evaluate the projects and partner’s report according to the plans
- Ensure that partners report timely
6. Other Tasks
- Do other task as requested by the Project Manager.
- Hold Bachelor (S1) in Social and Politics, Humanities, or other relevant field.
- Preferably having an emergency response experience.
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions, local partners, community)
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs.
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possessing computer skills, including internet communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, MS Access and Power Point).
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial.
- Willing to work outside working hours if necessary.
- Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
- Having the skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of local dialect will be an added advantage.
- Proactive and Responsible with an eye for details
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and has the riding license.
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 26th May 2016,. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to email@example.com
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.