Job Opportunity for Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA):
Climate & Weather Information Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
One of the APIK Tasks, which is Task 3 focuses on the collection, packaging, and dissemination of climate and weather information (CWI) services. Better climate and weather information systems are fundamental to fostering place-based resilience across the archipelago, saving lives in the near term (i.e. disaster risk reduction) while supporting better planning and public investment in the medium to long term (i.e. climate change adaptation).
- Carry out stakeholder interviews and surveys of users across the marketplace to identify specific needs of Climate & Weather Information Services on the national and sub national level (±35 types of potential CWI stakeholders ranging from National Governmental Agencies/Ministries, Private entities & Local Community such as fisheries, farmers, etc. ).
- The STTA needs to conduct stakeholder consultations on CWI needs to determine which services are most critical for strengthening climate and disaster resilience within the APIK landscapes and focus districts
- Compile Interview materials
- Develop Report & Analysis
- Min. Bachelor Degree (Preferred in Meteorology or Oceanography), others are welcome if have strong knowledge or experience below.
- Min. 1 year experienced in Climate Change / Disasters / Water Resources Issues
- Understand the existing Climate Change / Disaster Risk Reduction Issues (Flood, Landslide, Sea Level Rise, Drought, Water Scarcity & Forest Fire)
- Having good communication skill
- Having GIS skill is advantage
- Having ICT Knowledge & Skill is advantage
- Experienced in Weather & Climate Modeling is advantage
- ±2 months in Jakarta
- ±1 month in Region (East Java/Maluku/Sulawesi Tenggara)
Reports directly to the Climate Information Services Adviser.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 4 May 2016. Applicants are instructed to write “Climate & Weather Information Specialist– NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.