“The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
In the context of the bilateral cooperation between the Government of Germany and the Government of Indonesia, the Social Protection Programme (SPP) assists the Government of Indonesia in the development of long term strategies for a comprehensive system of Social Protection. The National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) is its main partner. The collaboration has been reinforced and strengthened during the German-Indonesian Government Negotiations in 2015. SPP will enter a new phase in July 2016 and is part of the priority area “Inclusive Growth”.
SPP aims at improving the framework conditions for the implementation of an integrated social protection system with a view to contributing to the efforts of the Indonesian Government for sustainable and inclusive economic growth. The programme works in the following intervention areas: (1) Social Assistance/ Basic Social Protection: capacity building for the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) / Unit Pengelolaan Program Keluarga Harapan (UPPKH) to establish adequate managerial structures and improve the extension of the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme; (2) Social Health Protection: capacity building and technical support for Dewan Jaminan Sosial Nasional (DJSN) to strengthen its role in the implementation of the National Roadmap on Health and the establishment of the new social security carrier Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Sosial I (BPJS I, Health); (3) Inclusion of persons with disabilities: Support to BAPPENAS, MoSA and other stakeholders concerning the inclusion of persons with disabilities into social protection, vocational training systems and the labour market; (4) Financial Inclusion: advisory services and technical support to BAPPENAS and other stakeholders on the establishment of Postal Savings and electronic payment systems.
GIZ is seeking 2 (two) qualified Indonesian candidates, working in the Intervention Area “Persons with Disabilities”, for the following position:
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Advisor will work closely with the coordinator of the Intervention Area “Persons with Disabilities”. S/he will:
- Provide technical advice (both in writing and verbally) concerning the inclusion of persons with disabilities into (1) the social assistance programs (esp. PKH) and the national social security carriers (BPJS I + II) and/ or (2) vocational education and training and the labor market/ private sector;
- Facilitate contacts to and manage relationships with high-ranking representatives from government, private sector, academia and civil society (with a focus on liaising with MoSA, BAPPENAS);
- Provide background research and strategy formulation in the above-mentioned areas;
- Support the Deputy Programme Director in carrying out project activities, esp. reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist other experts and perform additional duties at the request of the Deputy Programme Director.
Required qualifications, skills, competences and experience
- Indonesian citizenship;
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Social Sciences, Law, Economics or related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Professional experience required:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a related field;
- Good understanding of disability, social protection, (the design and implementation of) public policy and development in Indonesia;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationship with high-ranking stakeholders and/or dialogue partners from government, private sector, academia, and civil society;
- Expertise and work experience on stakeholder facilitation and moderation;
- Proven qualification to provide high-quality advice on politically sensitive issues and to draft documents in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Ability to work independently/ with minimum supervision and in an international working environment;
- Ability to operate ITC technologies and computer applications (particularly MS Office);
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: August 2016
Direct Supervisor: Deputy Programme Director
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 5 June 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SPP – PWD Advisor.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.