Job Vacancy: Senior Coffee Agronomist
Company The foundation Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung designs and manages sustainable agricultural development projects worldwide. With over twenty years of experience in project design, implementation and management, the foundation contributes to improving the living conditions of smallholder coffee and cocoa farmers through a business approach to sustainable development. Financed by private and public donors, HRNS has started implementing a 5-year program (2 projects) to promote sustainable smallholder Robusta coffee production in OKU Selatan, Southern Sumatra. These projects aims to provide farmer training on good agricultural practices, product quality and marketing, farmer organizational development, etc. The second phase of the program will include additional topics such as access to finance, gender mainstreaming, coffee & climate, alternative income and biodiversity. These components will be integrated where possible and have to contribute to the overall goal of empowering the farmers in these communities.
The project is looking for a Senior Coffee Agronomist who will be based in OKU Selatan South Sumatra, in charge of the following tasks:
- Design Training of Trainer (ToT) and Farmer Field School (FFS) programs (content and implementation plans) on coffee production, product quality, nursery management, coffee and climate change related topics.
- Train staff and project partners on coffee production, product quality, nursery management, coffee and climate change related topics.
- Set-up and lead practical studies in coffee & climate to make farmers adapt to climate change.
- Supervise, coach and monitor the implementation of demonstration plots, nurseries, coffee and climate studies in cooperation with Field Officers, Project Partners and Farmers.
- Design and update Training Manual on best practices in coffee production.
- Maintain a farmer record keeping database and perform regular quality control checks.
- Write up concise reports according to donor requirements.
- Report weekly to the Project Manager on project achievements and planning for the next week.
Duration of Assignment: 2 years’ contract
Profile Experience: - University Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness or similar field. - Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience; demonstrated practical expertise in coffee agronomy and participatory farmer training. - Solid human resource management skills with an ability to rapidly set-up nurseries, demonstration plots and trial studies on coffee & climate and effectively oversee and control these operations. - Ability to motivate farmers and work well in teams.
- Indonesian candidate with a university degree in agriculture, community development, agribusiness or related subjects. - Self initiative and communication skills; accustomed and willing to work under pressure. - Proficiency in English (verbal and written); concise reporting skills. - Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint). - Particular expertise related to smallholder coffee production is a must. Knowledge on processing and marketing is a pre.
Competencies: - Integrity and Accountability, Commitment, Flexibility, Thrive for Excellence and Respect
Please apply electronically including CV, motivation letter and salary expectation to Andes.firstname.lastname@example.org before 30.05.2016; only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.