Plan International Indonesia
Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) Project
Strong CSOs for inclusive livestock value chain development (SCILD) project
Term of Reference
Value Chain and Market Demand Study
Plan is an international humanitarian, child-centered community development organization without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Plan’s vision is a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity.
Plan International Indonesia proposes a three half year, Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) Strong CSOs for inclusive livestock value chain development in NTT (SCILD) project in 5 districts of NTT province (Kupang, TTU, TTS, Malaka and Belu), Indonesia.
The methodology of implementation of this project through; (1) Partnership/support of CSOs through small grants; to strengthen capacities of local CSOs, (2) Focus on young women and marginalised youth (youth employability); (3) Value chain development methodology (4) Livestock Laws, policies and implementation practices, (5) Public-Private Partnership (including BBPP and P4S): and (6) Child Centred Community Development (CCCD):
At the beginning of YEE SCILD Project, Plan Indonesia need to conduct a gender sensitive baseline study and review on national, provincial and district policies and regulations related to livestock. The second study is reviewing government policies, which the result will be used for advocacy purposes.
Objectives and expected output of Value Chain and Market Demand study
The objectives of these studies:
- Livestock value chain analysis include value chain selection, analysis, identification of constrains, gap, barrier and opportunities, identification solution, and intervention of youth involvement in each level (provincial, district and village), applying strong gender and inclusive lenses.
- Market demand study on livestock sector (cows, pigs, chicken or others) in the 5 target districts, NTT, and national in general, applying strong gender lenses.
- Value Chain Analysis
- Market Demand Study on Livestock
- The analysis of both studies will result in recommendations on how youth (and especially young women) can be engaged in value chains and what type of support i.e training and inputs are needed to help them to be part of the livestock sector in the 5 target districts (Kupang, TTU, TTS, Malaka and Belu) in West Timor and in NTT province in general
- MethodologyThe survey will apply combined qualitative and quantitative approach through secondary and primary data collection. Gender-sensitive approach is compulsary in all stage of the studies.
- Survey TeamThe consultant team should represent expertise in the areas of mapping value chain and market demand in livestock sector. The team should establish strong coordination and communication with Plan Indonesia. The consultant have to follow Plan International’s survey standard and Child Protection Policy.
- Study design, framework, and detailed work plan on how the study will be carried out
- Data collection tools as per target groups
- Draft report with preliminary findings (narrative and ppt version)
- Short version of bilingual final report no more than 20 pages, excluding annexes, covering the following parts:
- Cover sheet and executive summary
- Background and description of objectives, survey methodology, limitations of the study, description of survey, and program description where available
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis and findings
- Programmatic recommendations
- Annexes: TOR, list of people met (if can be disclosed), list of documents reviewed, etc.
- Long version of bilingual report covers more detail findings and analysis
- Presentation on finding and recommendations in dissemination workshop
- Produce material (such as infographic) that will be used for advocacy purposes
The study will be accomplished in 3 months, June – August 2016.
- CostsApplicant to propose the budget for the study implementaion in the proposal submitted
- Child Protection StatementThe consultant team and Plan staff have to adhere to Plan Child Protection Policy and training on this will be part of the training provided for the survey team.
- Qualification of ConsultantThe survey has to be led by a high qualified research consultant with strong capacity in conducting gender sensitive study. A panel will be responsible for the selection process.
Documents to support applicantion:
- CV of the lead-consultant and team members
- A proposal for conducting the study, including the budget
- Sample of previous research or survey report
First step: Consultant send application to: Ajun Khamdani (HRD – Plan Indonesia (Ajun.Khamdani@plan-international.org / email@example.com or : HRD.Indonesia@plan-international.org not later than 30 May 2016
Only shortlisted consultant will be contacted for recruitment.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.