Education Project Manager (PM)
Fixed term with possibility of extension, Teluk Bintuni Based, 1(one) Position
BSEP (Basic and Secondary Education Program): Brief Description
Funded by BP (British Petroleum), BSEP aims to continue in supporting the improvement of education quality in Teluk Bintuni and Fakfak Regency. The program will be conducted for 3 years and consists of a series of activities designed independently to enhance accessibility start from early childhood to secondary level of education integrated with the overall strategy of developing the capacity of administrators and educators in districts/municipalities affected. The program is also designed to ensure the sustainability and make an effective contribution to the improvement of human resources capacity in general.
Main components of the program are:
- Capacity Building. Training, workshops and regular assistance will be given to DEO (District Education Office) staffs, local education foundations, and teachers in targeted schools
- Learning Outcomes. Along with the improved capacity of teachers and administrators from targeted schools, students’ achievement academically and non-academically increased
- Contextual Education. Development of contextual curriculum will nurture student’s growth on the learning process better.
- Scholarship. Students will be given the opportunity to experience advanced education process to broaden their perspectives and build their confidence as a proud indigenous people from Papua.
Project Manager: Task Description
Under the direct supervision of project director, the incumbent will work independently under minimum supervision conditions. The responsibility includes the implementation of programs, counterpart’s engagement, provision of assistance and administrative support for targeted schools, and the achievement of program’s indicators.
Key responsibilities as follow:
- Provides all the operational support to all programmatic activities
- Develops and maintains databases on targeted schools for better planning and implementation of the program.
- Reviews progress and address deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set based on project management procedures.
- Facilitate in developing and conducting education training modules for teachers and principals from targeted schools. Plans, organizes and conducts training for partners and government officials with focus on capacity building improvement.
- Maintains continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation and liaison with client, local government, foundations, CBO (Community Based Organization), and other local NGOs to ensure same level of perspective in education.
- Convenes strategic partnership – among government, non-government and CBO to explore new approached, method and practices for improving monitoring system of the program
Requirements for this position are:
- Hold master degree and 5 years’ experience of working in Education Planning, Education Management, Pedagogy and Teaching, Education Evaluation as well as understanding of Education Anthropology, Papuan Ethnography, Gender Equality, Human Rights, Community Development as well as update CSR Program and initiatives;
- Excellent understanding on good governance and budget mechanism within government;
- Has a broad experience in working with different donor, NGOs and government;
- Has experiences as consultant on education sector (operational working area in Indonesia is preferred);
- Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and reporting skills in English is preferred;
- Has a working experience in Papua or Papua Barat is preferred.
The application can be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the position.
Application deadline will be May 27, 2016
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.