Director of Programs
SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND, INDONESIA
Search for Common Ground, Indonesia, a non-profit, independent, secular, non-government organisation, dedicated to conflict transformation and peace building, is seeking a Program Manager.
Search for Common Ground Indonesia is a representative office of Search for Common Ground (SFCG), whose mission is to transform how individuals, organisations and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG’s headquarters are in Washington DC, USA and Brussels, Belgium.
POSITION: Program Manager
LOCATION: Jakarta (with possible travel to other regions)
CONTRACT PERIOD: 12 Months,
START DATE: ASAP
STATUS: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization and donors.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
Lead the program
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with the Leadership and Management Team to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure all program staff receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
Control the Program
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders.
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor all program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the Country Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position-holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in international relations, conflict resolution, international development, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in program and grant management including design & strategic planning, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and communicating results. Fundraising experience will be considered a bonus.
- Strong knowledge on the financial aspects of program management.
- Expertise and previous work experience in programs related to peace building, conflict transformation, good governance, women’s empowerment, promoting pluralism, and other related work.
- Strong analytical skills and able to think strategically on program implementation and program development that will ensure impactful results.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional working relationships and to lead and manage a program team.
- Proven to have extensive relationships with government officials, civil society, the media, and donor agencies and other related stakeholders required for program management and development.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, creativity and impartiality, highly organised and detail oriented, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other data base and analysis software, as well as social media and online platforms.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Indonesian language.
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills.
- Comfortable in working with those from different ethnic groups and across political lines.
- Ability to travel and work in the field when necessary.
- 2 years’ operational experience in the conflict transformation, community development, community engagement, women’s empowerment and other related field.
- Knowledge of the use of behaviour change communications and media.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of behaviour change communications programmes.
Salary: Negotiable upon qualifications and work experience.
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (including expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 6, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.