SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Our Water and Sanitation (WASH) Program - Rural
SNV began activities in the WASH sector in Indonesia in 2013. The Rural Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All programme started in 2014 and will benefit 220.000 persons living in the rural areas of the Lampung Province (Tanggamus, Lampung Selatan and Pringsewu districts), by supporting the Local Government in rolling out the national STBM (Sanitasi Total Berbasis Masyarakat) programme.
To support the programme implementation, SNV is now seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill the post of Technical Programme Officer Behaviour Change Communication (Rural Sanitation).
The TPO’s role is to influence both personal and domestic sanitation and hygiene practices through behavioural change communication delivered by existing community health structures, schools or other structures with the appropriate outreach. S/he will lead the development of a behavioural change strategy in close collaboration with partners, and will guide joint monitoring and feedback efforts.
- Review existing localized BCC strategies and tools in collaboration with local partners ;
- Lead implementation of BCC strategies at every level in the project target areas including monitoring, evaluation and corrective action activities;
- Lead planning, implementation, and monitoring of BCC activities in the project target areas;
- Identify and partner with organisations with outreach and capacity for BCC on hygiene (eg: community health workers, youth groups, women’s groups);
- Develop work plans and activity budget for BCC component and lead the development of high-quality progress reports;
- Support the development of mass communication materials: promotional material, videos, etc;
- Strengthen the relationship and cooperation with clients, WASH program partners and stakeholders;
- Support the design and undertaking of formative research on key behavioural determinants;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of the WASH projects in accordance with donor and internal M&E requirements and programme specific monitoring frameworks;
- Ensure the effective linkages with existing hygiene programmes in the same geographical area.
- Analyse and understand the play field, the organisational environment, give input to networking processes, and maintain operational contacts with relevant stakeholders within assignments.
- Identify improvement areas within the local internal organisation and processes, give feedback and critically reflect on organisational topics, and propose organisational improvements.
The TPO BCC will work in close collaboration with the wider team responsible for the Sanitation demand creation and follow-up component to ensure coherence between demand creation messages and following hygiene messages. S/he will support the integration of hygiene aspects in follow-up activities (after demand creation) in collaboration with the District Coordinator to ensure that hygiene is fully integrated into the district sanitation plans and monitoring and with other subject matter experts to ensure that business training and development takes into account appropriate hygiene standards.
- Advanced degree in related field, public health background is preferable;
- At least 5 years of experience working for international organizations in a Behaviour Change Advisory capacity;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the WASH sector, particularly demand creation and messaging related to sanitation and hygiene;
- Knowledge and skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Experience working with local communities and government agencies at national, provincial, and local levels;
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills, including listening skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills, with a mature attitude
- Initiative and creative in solving problems
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and E-mail)
Duty station: Tanjung Karang, Bandar Lampung City in Lampung Province, with frequent travels to Lampung Selatan, Pringsewu and Tanggamus districts (sub-districts and villages of the designated district).
Contract duration: 1 year contract with the possibility of extension.
How to apply?
Please send application letter directly addressing the candidate profile and CV (in English) to email@example.com by 6th June 2016 with subject: “BCC Lampung”.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.