Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 90 million in annual turnover, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 32 countries. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 42 years.
The Swisscontact Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Senior Farmer Organization Capacity Development Manager (Job Code: SFOCDM), Based in Jakarta Country Office
The SCPP is a large Public Private Development Partnership (“PPDP”) in Indonesia, launched in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, the International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, the Millennium Challenge Account for Indonesia (MCA-I), and six leading Private Sector cocoa and chocolate companies for the duration from 2012 – 2020. The Program works with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces, with planned expansion to include 130,000 cocoa farmers within 50 districts, to improve farm productivity and cocoa quality, livelihood conditions, and supply chain transparency, while reducing the environmental footprint.
The Senior Farmer Organization Capacity Development Manager will be responsible for reviewing the current implementation strategy that Swisscontact has for building the capacity of cooperatives cooperating with the Program, auditing the value and impact of current intervention, identifying intervention weaknesses, proposing concrete programs and overseeing the implementation of recommendations though the existing program implementation team.
- Responsible for assessing the value of the current Swisscontact strategy for capacity building of farmer organizations (including cooperatives, gapoktan, farmer enterprises, etc) participating with SCPP;
- Auditing the strengths and independence of farmer organizations participating in SCPP and assessing the future sustainability of these groups;
- Making recommendations for a modality of operation using existing Swisscontact and implementing partner staff to increase the sustainability of farmer organizations participating with SCPP;
- Working with field staff and line-managers to make action plans to increase the capacity and sustainability of the participating farmer organizations;
- Backstopping and advising Swisscontact and implementing partner staff who work directly with farmer organizations;
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Result Measurement unit auditing the impact of SCPP intervention continuously and making suggestions for strategy adjustments when needed.
Supervision and Reporting
- Close coordination with Head of Units and Line Mangers is essential. Lateral cooperation will be a key to success. The Senior Manager will be expected to create strategies that will accepted by all units head and work to make sure that these policies are integrated in all aspects of SCPP. The Senior Manager is not a stand-alone position and should see his/her work as an integrated part of the work done by the SCPP implementation;
- Close coordination with farmer organizations leadership and members;
- The Senior Manager will report to the Head of Program Implementation;
- Direct supervision responsibilities will be defined as the position is expanded.
Education and Qualification
- Education relevant to capacity building of cooperatives, farmer groups, and/or farmer led enterprises in Indonesia. Please be specific about the degrees earned;
- Extensive experience working with of cooperatives, farmer groups, and/or farmer led enterprises on the ground. The position will not be theoretical, but practical. Candidates should have real-life experience capacity building on a grass roots level;
- Commitment to seeing a reduction in poverty in Indonesia and the development of a sustainable cocoa industry;
- Working experience in an NGO or government office that is focused on farmrer/producer strengthening and supply chain development in Indonesia.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Native Bahasa Indonesian, written and spoken;
- Advanced spoken English, intermediate written English;
- Knowledge of tax and registration laws related to farmer organizations management
- Ability to constructively challenge existing systems and offer innovation and improvements;
- Strong organizational, planning, management skills and experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments;
- Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data through a variety of survey instruments and analysis techniques;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to coach staff;
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office;
- Must demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV until May 27th, 2016 at the latest with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope or Email subject to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.