The Forest Trust (TFT) is a global non-profit membership organization that helps companies and communities deliver responsible products. Our members are international retail and manufacturing companies committed to sourcing responsibly-produced products, meaning products that respect the environment and improve people’s lives. Since 1999, TFT’s main focus has been to provide solutions to the issues of deforestation and the empowerment of forest dependent communities through market-based incentives. We act on the ground internationally in forests, farms and factories to help resource managers learn best management practices. We are active at key stages of the supply chain, providing unrivaled technical, traceability and communications support also concern in the exploitation of people as huge issue in global supply chain. We currently have offices in 15 countries and employ more than 90 people worldwide.
NO EXPLOITATION PROGRAM MANAGER
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional to help addressing the exploitation of people in global supply chains and developing a ‘No Exploitation’ toolkit to provide practical guidance to those working to eradicate human exploitation at sites. The ideal candidate should have comprehensive understanding in no exploitation issues related policies and practices, including child labour, forced and bonded labour, ethical recruitment and the Modern Slavery Act, risk assessment, Free, Prior & Informed Consent (FPIC), participatory mapping, as well as excellent skills in networking/ engagement with involved stakeholders and in producing high quality reports. The candidate should be articulate, well-organized, and passionate about environmental and social issues.
The position is full-time and based in TFT’s Jakarta Office with frequent travel required.
Reports to: TFT Project Leader
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing workshops aimed at engagement with operations/plantations teams for No Deforestation, No Development on Peat, No Exploitation (NDPE) policy.
- Engaging partners’ supplier to raise awareness of the NDPE policy and gauge suppliers’ willingness and capacity to reform its operations in accordance with the policy.
- Developing guidelines and standards for supplier implementing activities on company policy based on TFT’ no exploitation principles.
- Managing team in assessing companies’ labor standards, especially in regard to worker right, health & safety, ILO Convention and gender equality
- Developing toolkit which reflect to no exploitation of workers and no exploitation of communities and make it in line with local laws and international standards.
- Supporting Social Teams to identify challenges and facilitate generation of solutions.
- Co-ordinating/ facilitating workshops on FPIC, Conflict Resolution and SIA training.
- Maintaining a service provider (SP) register covering either NGOs or SPs that can support suppliers ensure compliance with company integrated policy.
- Co-ordinating/conducting the desktop risk assessment (Refinery/Mills/Plantations) against the WIP requirements.
- Overseeing the delivery (Refinery/Mills/Plantations) gap assessments against the NDPE and develop action plans.
- Co-ordinating the delivery of monthly progress reporting to the Indonesia project lead on all works described above.
- Preparing and/ or approving reports related to field investigations.
- Collaborate with HR for making no exploitation guidelines and standards for internal used.
- Staffs are often required to work outside office hours to fulfill the duties of employment.
- This position will require regular meetings with leaders in large, multi-national corporations, as well as travelling extensively in Indonesia to visit palm oil plantations and forests. For this reason, the Program Manager should be prepared to work in both corporate and field settings.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong writing & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team.
- Minimum seven years professional working experience in the related field.
- Preferably having working experience in upstream Palm Oil sector (mills/ plantations), as a facililator, working with NGOs, and in managing delivery of programs/ projects.
- Minimum education is Bachelor degree in any major.
- Deep understand in no exploitation of workers and communities’ aspects and regulations.
- Deep understand in technical, environmental and social aspects.
- Familiar with social (FPIC, conflict resolutions, SIA training) as well as industry (RSPO, ISPO, NDPE and Risk Assessment) practice principles.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please indicate the Job Code ‘NO-EX’ in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Closing date: May 15t, 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.