The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have several openings for:
The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and implementing media relations plan to support TNC mission and goals. S/he will identify target audiences (national and/or local) and employ a variety of communication mediums (stories, op-ed pieces, videos television programs, PSAs) to communicate the mission of TNC and add value to conservation and fundraising efforts. S/he provides consultation and advice to the Berau field office as required and establish and nurture good working relationships with strategic partners in the communications arena, including editors, reporters, and producers. S/he works in close coordination with the Marketing and Communications Department, in developing messaging and materials for special projects, events and issues. S/he has primary responsibility for writing outreach materials in support of the program in Berau.
The Communications Specialist is based in Berau and reports to the REDD Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree English, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
- Experience organizing and coordinating projects
- May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to foster an environment of creativity and professional growth
- Work with and communicate with a wide range of people and personalities – the public, program leadership, and media partners
PROTECTED AREA MANAGEMENT (PAM) COORDINATOR
The Protected Area Management (PAM) Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing TNC protection forest strategies in Berau and East Kutai districts. S/he supports the Karst, Lesan and Wehea Protected Area Manager in engaging different stakeholders, i.e. different government agencies, private companies, and communities, at different levels, from village to province. S/he uses the full range of participatory methods, tools and processes to meaningfully engage communities in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the program. S/he provides technical leadership and support to the OU or region.
This may include one or more of the following functions:
- Plans and implements conservation strategies and assists local communities in the management of protection forests (hutan lindung)
- Addresses critical threats to natural systems and individual species
- Fosters cross-site learning among conservation community as well as builds the capacity of local NGO partners on biodiversity surveys, the use of GPS, etc. as needed
- Supplies eco-regional planning teams with information for site portfolios
- Develops and implements innovative scientific methods, analyses, tools and frameworks to meaningfully engage communities and other stakeholders in the management and protection of hutan lindung
- Employs a full range of protection tools to acquire varying degrees of legal interest in land and implements a variety of strategies to secure public and private support for TNC conservation priorities
- Furthers the Conservancy’s strategic goals through securing land for protection
- Coordinates support in community initiatives to take part in forest management, climate change mitigation, livelihood development, etc.
- Collects, documents and analyzes various types of data and information related to the management of protection forest
- Provides technical and logistical support during field trips, etc.
The PAM Coordinator is based in Berau and reports to the Karst and Wehea Protected Area Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experiences in natural resource management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability and willingness to apply science to decision-making and guide activities
- Ability to communicate and work closely with scientists
- Works with media and influential officials, especially governmental, to improve TNC programs’ outcomes
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management and natural resource preservation
The GIS Coordinator manages and maintains conservation databases and provides technical support in GIS or other relational database technologies to TNC staff.
- Compiles, assembles and maintains land protection, biodiversity and management information from various sources
- Participates in conservation planning at various levels
- Develops methods for mapping and classifying ecosystems and data management; includes developing and maintaining all documentation for data and data management
- Performs data analysis; designs and produces advanced complex queries and professional reports
- Processes spatial and other relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material
- Provides hardware and software support
- Develops and delivers training to staff individually and in groups. S/he trains partners from production forest on basic forest planning and RIL and from the community.
- Produces maps and other graphic products and reports
- Develops and maintains GIS library and/or database products library
The GIS Coordinator is based in Samarinda and reports to the Natural Resources Planning Manager.
- BS degree and certification in related field and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience with interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling and landscape scenario analysis.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience operating GIS software, analyzing data and producing data reports and creating maps.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: interpretation of image analysis, complex spatial analysis, data modeling and landscape scenario analysis
- Ability to make practical sense out of processed data and apply to real world applications
- Managing time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results
- Demonstrated experience operating GIS software, managing relational databases and creating maps
- Demonstrated database and computer based management experience including managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files
GIS & MAPPING OFFICER
The GIS and Mapping Officer manages and maintains conservation databases and provides technical support in GIS or other relational database technologies to TNC staff. This includes:
- Processes spatial and/or relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material
- Collects, stores and analyzes databases of both numerical and geographical/spatial, GIS, Remote Sensing and mapping data to support the forest program activities
- Conducts spatial data analysis and land cover, land use allocation, ecosystem type, and spatial planning in program sites
- Processes satellite imagery and if necessary define biotype/habitat types as required
- Undertakes ecological resource surveys and analysis of data as a baseline for the development of GIS maps
- Conducts surveys, record data and writes project reports
- Trains staff and partners
- Produces maps and/or other graphic products
- Performs fieldwork, including ecosystem assessment and field monitoring
The GIS & Mapping Officer is based in Samarinda and reports to the Natural Resources Planning Manager.
- BA/BS or Associates degree in related field and 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience with producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports and operating GIS software.
- Experience analyzing, building, populating and producing reports from databases.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Manages time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results
- Demonstrated experience operating GIS software and creating maps and/or managing other relational databases and creating other graphic products
- Demonstrated database and computer-based management experience including managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files
CONSERVATION FIELD OFFICER
The Conservation Field Officer participates in preserve operations including the maintenance, management and development and coordination of conservation programs. S/he has the following functions:
- Assists with mammal & primate survey and survey report
- Assists with measurement of forest carbon and monitors RIL C practice at production forest
- Assists with the study on orangutans and their habitats within Lesan Protection Forest, Wehea Protection Forest and the areas of HPH
- Supports the community in Segah, Merabu and Kelay with activities like village mapping, field planning and re-mapping (livelihood)
- Assists with VIP and/or program-related field trips including preparation of locations, materials, logistics and act as the field guide
- Assists with the study on avifauna within the areas of HPH and protection forest
- Monitors illegal logging and hunting
The Conservation Field Officer reports is based in Berau and reports to the Improved Forest Manager.
- High school diploma and 1 – 2 years training in science-related field or related experience in land management
- Experience recognizing plant and animal species.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working with or knowledge of natural systems. Ability to recognize plant and animal species as required to complete preserve management activities
- Ability to perform physical work, sometime under adverse conditions or in inclement weather
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than May 13, 2016.
Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.