The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science- based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for
about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between
industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is
based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and
We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date: June 2016
Duration of Contract: Short Term Contract Temporary for 3 Month
Work Area: Bogor
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to: Finance Coordinator
Key Internal Relationships: Grant Management Officer and Finance Assistant
Key Purpose of the Job
The Accountant (temporary) will be responsible for overall Financial Management and Accounting procedures, and any other initiatives related to accounting.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Assist the CM/OM to ensure that financial management and accounting procedures meet best practice accounting ZSL and donors standards;
- With Operations Manager streamline system accounts receivable (Invoicing/billing, etc) and Accounts payable (procurement) Monitor and evaluate ZSL Indonesia’s Finance systems;
- Oversee the preparation and processing of all the payments including coding disbursement, cash receipts and Journal entries and advances which are in accordance with ZSL and relevant policies and procedures;
- Conduct bank reconciliations in monthly basis;
- Develop, update and implement the Finance SOPs; provide support and guidance of accounting work to project’s sub offices; by monitoring trips to project sub offices and potentially to subcontract’s offices, training and coaching to staff when is necessary;
- Coordinate any interim and annual internal and external audits;
- Ensure the proper accounting, recording and allocation of projects income/outcome;
- Assist in the preparation of month- end closing and year - end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists;
- Prepare and consolidate annual financial reporting necessary to donors and Government of Indonesia; for all financial transactions in an organized and professional manner in order to accuracy and completeness of supporting document.
The job requires constant internal and external interaction/communications, both in person and via phone and email, with ZSL staff colleagues in the Bogor office, project colleagues in Jambi and Palembang as well as with ZSL’s Headquarters in London.
This position will require the ability to focus on the work at hand, prioritize tasks, and pay close attention to detail; for this reason precision and accuracy are vital attributes.
The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. when a workshop/meeting is being organised the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work;
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post;
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information;
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary;
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job;
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (S1) from four-year college or university with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience;
- Experienced using Microsoft Office particular in Excel, and accounting software such as Sun Systems and Quickbook;
- Experience with International NGO environment with grants funded management is preferred;
- Experience in Budget forecasting, accounts payable and account receivable;
- Experience of International Donors such as USAID/EU-funded projects, understanding of bilateral regulations (SOP) is key;
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred;
- Good English language skills preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (databases,) and other Microsoft tools e.g. PowerPoint and Word;
- Trustworthy and high level of professional integrity e.g. to keep personal staff information in strict confidence;
- Ability to manage large funds as well as multiple income streams.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than May 20, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.