The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the German government and with operations around the globe, GIZ provides services in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ also works on behalf of other public and private sector clients both in Germany and overseas. These include the governments of other countries, the European Commission, the United Nations and other donor organizations. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries and employs approximately 17,000 staff worldwide.
The Better Rice Initiative Asia (BRIA) is one of initiatives with aims to improve the livelihoods of rural rice farmers through the promotion of sustainable rice production and improving rice value chains in selected ASEAN countries, i.e. Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. BRIA-Indonesia will establish numbers of Sustainable Rice Production and Information Center (SRPIC) at village level as learning center for the rice farmers to increase their knowledge on Good Agriculture Practice (GAP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as well as farm business and climate change adaptation approaches. BRIA-Indonesia will establish the SRPICs in 2 Provinces i.e. North Sumatera and East Java.
BRIA Project is currently urgently seeking for 1 (one) candidate for:
BRIA Field Assistant Intern
- Support to implement Farmer Field School.
- Support to collect and review baseline data of BRIA farmers.
- To collect baseline data of Farmer Field School participants;
- To review baseline data technical contents of Field School participants;
- Support to produce Field School learning tools and media.
- To assist in providing technical assistance to produce learning tools and media for Field School i.e. posters, leaflet, flyer, etc;
- To collect data, information and pictures needed in order to produce learning tools and media for Field School.
- Support to build BRIA Project network on research, farming institution.
- To assist in building and managing network with research institution such as BB Padi, university and other related stakeholders;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the respective person.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Demonstrated competencies in agriculture technical aspects especially on best practices and technologies of rice farming;
- Ability to facilitate training on Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) for rice farmers;
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiencies in Windows, MS Office, Internet and Email;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Duty Station: Medan with frequent travel to Langkat and Sergei
Direct Supervisor: Deputy Project Manager
Expected Joining Date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 17 June 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: BRIA – FA
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.