Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Project Officer Green Energy
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to: Project Manager Green Energy
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and funding availability
In December 2015 Hivos signed a partnership agreement with the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-I) which allows Hivos to rapidly scale up renewable energy access and income benefits by replicating the successful approaches and business models developed under both our Green Energy projects; Biogas Rumah (BIRU) and Sumba Iconic Island (SII).
The partnership agreement is working to achieve two outcomes, including:
- Improvement of rural livelihoods through utilization of renewable energy in rural communities; and
- Sustainable business models to create market (energy market and energy appliances market) of off-grid RE technologies adopted.
The Project Officer position is aimed to provide support on programme administrative and logistical aspects of both BIRU and SII, thus the project runs smoothly and learning processes based on project documents and the audit process can be conducted well.
The Project Officer Green Energy will be assisting the project team overseeing the project, designed, to be delivered with the consortium partners (Yayasan Rumah Energi, Village Infrastructure Angel and Winrock International) and relevant stakeholders.
The Project Officer will also be assisting the Project Manager(s) and C/PDM to ensure the contract management and implementation of the project to meet with Hivos and donor standards.
The Project Officer coordinates with the Green Energy project delivery team.
The position is Jakarta-based with frequent travel.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support project team members in implementing BIRU and SII activities.
- Contribute to make sure if the project implementation is in compliance with Hivos and MCA-I reporting standards.
- Coordinate with all partners, directly or indirectly (by email or telephone) for i.e. report reminder.
- Organize meetings that are led by Hivos in relation with the project implementation.
- Prepare project activities such as ToR and follow up the finalization with Project Managers.
- Prepare Minutes of Meeting (MoM) during coordination meeting and send it to all participants for information and further follow up.
- Provide support on the arrangement of events/trainings/meetings.
- Contribute to necessary desk research on Green Energy programme development for fundraising efforts
- Coordinate with the Gender Specialist and other team members in workshop/training facilitation in the field.
- Administer donor’s online Project Management Information System for reporting including managing all supporting documents.
- Coordinate with M&EL Officer to prepare M&EL report according to donor requirements
- Assist project teams administrative, financial and logistic requirements and to make sure the related procedure is in compliance with Hivos and MCA-I procedure. This includes providing programme inputs in developing budgets and expenditure reports.
- Draft and maintain contractual documents for third parties in soft copy and hard copy based on Hivos standards.
- Maintain good workflow in project management information system of Hivos and MCA-I.
- Make sure that the programme files are neatly organise for programme audit purposes
- Minimum three year of professional experience in project management.
- Has a strong experience managing administrative and financial reporting of project.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skill in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Has a strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skill with internal and external stakeholder.
- Having international-funded project management experience is a preference.
- Previous working experience in an international environment/organization is an advantage.
- Passion in renewable energy related issues would be an advantage.
- Having respect for a humanitarian or humanist principle and willing to work in a non-discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Hivos Salary Grade: 9
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 June 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Project Officer Green Energy’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.