Terms of Reference
KONSULTAN MASYARAKAT ADAT
Development in Indonesia in the New Order era aimed at improving public welfare through economic and social development based on an open economic system. Liberalization of trade and investment were widely opened that caused Indonesia to be dependent on foreign capital investment. The results of development in this era was essential, especially at the macro level in which the development rate was high. Economic impacts could be seen in the increases in welfare and poverty figures. Slowly the Indonesian economy underwent structural change from an agrarian country into a semi Industry. The economic growth approach applied during that period led to decreasing of indonesia’s natural resources because the same approach was prioritizing market through the development of infrastructure that resulted in the marginalization and further reduced the space for indigenous peoples.
The impact of development on indigenous groups is not better welfare, but the prevalence of various problems such as discrimination, land grabbing, evictions, lack of protection of their local knowledge as well as violence. This is consistent with the findings of the Partnership in Program Peduli that identified the problems faced by indigenous peoples such as the non-recognition of their existence in forest management, considered as a group of people who are not religious, geographically isolated that do not allow them to access the basic services provided by the government, as well as experiencing social isolation at the community level. The process of exclusion experienced by indigenous people this causes them to lose their rights and space to run their economic activity and culture and deprived of their basic rights to access the right to education, health, political and other basic rights.
Program Peduli is a program initiated by the government along with civil society to promote social inclusion of minorities in various aspects of community life. In this case, the Partnership in Isolated Indigenous and Local Communities that depend on Natural Resources (SDA) Pillar promotes the social inclusion of the indigenous peoples dependent on natural resources. The program is trying to address issues faced by indigenous peoples to translate social inclusion in government policies and broad public acceptance for their presence. Assistance is directed more into how to provide protection for the ritual indigenous culture and local wisdom, the recognition of land rights and natural resources. Complex problems faced by indigenous peoples requires a new approach that is different from that performed by AMAN during this particularly in term of on how indigenous groups are viewed and natural resources management.
- Regular communication with Program Peduli
- Involved in field visit and directly conduct discussion with indigenous community
- Networking with related stakeholders
The purpose of recruitment Indigenous Community consultant is for :
- Establishing grand framework of indigenous people concept based on current situation in Indonesia;
- Designing local and national advocacy to promote government acceptance towards indigenous community through the support of development at village, district and national level;
- Documenting exclusion occurred to indigenous community towards their land rights and government recognition on their land and territory;
- Developing suitable model on economic development of indigenous community;
- Looking deeper on indigenous community cultural life.
- Availability of document contains the result of grand concept on indigenous community framework that includes the history of their existence in Indonesia, which is then associated with the current situation in Indonesia;
- Availability of documents containing advocacy at local and national levels to promote government acceptance of the existence of indigenous community and the fulfillment of their basic rights;
- Availability of documents that describe forms of exclusion experienced by indigenous peoples
- Availability of documents related to the economic development model of indigenous peoples
- Availability of the document about indigenous people culture in the location of Peduli Program.
The consultant will work from July to September, 2016 for a maximum of 30 days.
Master Degree, preferebly PhD in Anthropology, Public Policy and or other social sciences.
- Deeply understanding on social change and the relation among social inclusion, poverty reduction and natural resources in Indonesia
- Having networking and good relations with the government at the provincial and national level as well as other stakeholders
- Skillful in accomplishing both programmatic quality assurance as well as procedural and administrative accountability;
- Has experiences and skills in facilitating multi-stakeholders forum both at provincial and National levels;
- Having availability to carry out necessary travel assignment;
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal & drafting skills;
- Having excellent skill in analytical, presentation skills report writing and the use of ICT;
More than 7 years of relevant experience is required on governance, minorities issue, ethnography as well as advocacy
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 12, 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.