Assignment: WASH Program Coordinator
Responsibility: Daily management of Bina Artha Ventura’s WaterCredit program
Duration: 1 year contract, with possibility of extension
Reports to: Bina Artha Ventura operational team
Water.org is a U.S.-based, non-governmental organization working to increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). Under WaterCredit program, Water.org provides technical support to PT. Bina Artha Ventura (BAV) to enable access for sanitation amongst low-income communities.
Bina Artha Ventura is an Indonesian Venture Capital Company started in 2011 to deliver financial services to the economically active low income population in a fair, transparent, efficient and sustainable manner. The company offers uncollateralized group-loans ranging from US$ 150-300 to economically-active, low-income women. BAV group loans are offered to women with a daily income of US$ 2-6, mainly living in semi-urban and semi-rural areas. BAV’s lending approach is joint liability group lending with no collateral requirements. As of December 2015 BAV serves over 173,000 clients and seeks to reach 1,000,000 clients by 2020.
BAV clients are organized into groups of 5-7 members. Groups are organized in centers of 2-4 groups fortnightly (every two weeks) center meetings in the client residential areas are the primary point of contact between BAV and the clients. Each BAV branch office has a services area radius of approximately 15 kilometers and serves around 100 center meetings.
Since June 2014, Bina Artha Ventura has developed and launched a loan product to finance household level facilities such as toilets and septic tank. Currently, BAV is planning to roll out the WASH loan product into new branches across Java. Bina Artha Ventura seeks one WASH coordinator to support program implementation during the expansion phase.
Support and coordination of the WaterCredit program implementation
- Coordinate with internal BAV departments such as operations, finance, MIS, marketing, senior management, branch offices, and other groups to ensure successful implementation of program activities
- Supervision and analysis of monthly WASH activity reports
- Provide feedback to internal staff based on field visits and monitoring, including borrowers, loan officers, and branch managers
- Mitigate internal risk by immediately notifying the MFI leadership, WASH experts and other team members in the event of challenges
Technical supervision and evaluation of the WASH team, in coordination with Internal BAV and Water.org
- Develop standard technical guidelines, documents and formats in collaboration with WASH experts
- Develop and produce IEC materials in collaboration with WASH Experts
- Manage WASH Experts to ensure proper technical assistance on WASH loan product is offered to branch staff
Coordination, troubleshooting, administration, reporting and budgeting
- Coordinate with Water.org on timely completion of program deliverables
- Ensure that both BAV and Water.org are properly informed on any program developments
- Manage upload of monthly loan data to the Water.org portal website
- Oversee the development and submission of monthly and quarterly reports to Water.org
- Other tasks as requested to support the WASH loan program
- Academic background at least bachelor degree
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Working experience with MFI operations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve targets
- Honest, responsible, creative, innovative, initiative, and professional
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written in Bahasa and English
- Capable of using Microsoft Office
- Has experience in engineering, construction, WASH programs
In your cover letter, please clearly address the following topics:
- MFI experience that will be relevant to this position
- WASH sector experience that will be relevant to this position
- Management experience (WASH Coordinator will be managing 3 WASH Experts)
- Examples of product or program development in previous positions
- High performance and target achievement experiences in previous positions
Your resume should not be longer than 2-3 pages. Applications that do not meet the above guidelines will not be considered.
Cover letter and resume should be submitted to Kiki Tazkiyah (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Neksi Triwidiyanti (email@example.com) no later than June 15, 2016 noting “WASH Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.