The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
COASTAL AND OCEAN/FISHERIES POLICY SENIOR MANAGER
The Coastal and Ocean/Fisheries Policy Senior Manager develops implements, liaises, and coordinates with the Government of Indonesia and other relevant parties, the priority policy initiatives of TNC Indonesia Ocean and Coastal Program and TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program which pertains to Marine Conservation Areas, Marine Spatial Planning, Blue Growth/Climate Change and Fisheries Management for long-term natural resource management in Indonesia. S/he networks and negotiates with high level key stakeholder partners (Government, Bilateral/Multilateral agencies, CSOs) and speaks in public forums including with key media. S/he links science-to-policy-to-practice towards writing a robust science-based and analytical policy brief, peer-reviewed, aligned with TNC regional and global strategies. S/he coordinates and monitors policy development at district, provincial and national levels. The Coastal and Ocean/Fisheries Policy Senior Manager also provides research and policy analysis in support of TNC policy and/or public fund raising priorities.
The Coastal and Ocean/Fisheries Policy Senior Manager allocates 50% of his/her time to represent TNC Indonesia Coastal and Ocean Program and TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program at national, provincial and local government and special interest groups and committees, and works with key government officials and partners to advance support for the success of TNC’s mission and programs in Indonesia.
The Coastal and Ocean/Fisheries Policy Senior Manager allocates another 50% of his/her time to secure public funding to further TNC’s mission. S/he serves as liaison and informational contact between TNC and international, national and sub-national agencies with a special emphasis on researching, developing and supporting strategic partnerships with government and non-government agencies, and multi-lateral development banks and agencies.
The Coastal and Ocean/Fisheries Policy Senior Manager is based in Jakarta and reports to the Director of External Affairs. S/he coordinates his/her activities with the Indonesia Coastal and Ocean Deputy Director and the Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, environmental policy, management or other relevant field and 5 years of government relations or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination education/experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge on MPA management, marine spatial planning, fisheries management and fish stock assessment
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Analytical and project management experience. Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups, using influence and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with governments, corporations, partners, donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than June 22, 2016.
Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.