Media and Communications Officer
Post Code: 00046078
Recruitment: Indonesian National
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration of Assignment: 1 year initially
Direct Supervisor: UNFPA Representative
Under the overall guidance and supervision of UNFPA Representative, the Media and Communications Officer participates in the implementation of the corporate communications strategy, as well as in the design, management and implementation of the Country Office communications and publication strategies which are geared to influence the development agenda, promote public and media outreach and mobilize political and financial support for UNFPA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to promote the issues and undergoing efforts made regarding population and development, reproductive health and gender and performs relevant public relations activities highlighting UNFPA assistance and interventions. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination and development frameworks.
- Prepares and implements an information and communication strategy for the Country Office (including a good information system updating all staff on upcoming and completed events through innovative mechanisms).
- Establishes a network of key media network and personnel and maintains good relationships with Journalists working on issues related to sexual and reproductive health, population and gender.
- Establishes a Roster of key partners including Development Partners, UN, Implementing GO and NGO, FBO, and private sector partners.
- Contributes to capacity building efforts of Media to promote UNFPA mandate areas.
- Supervises the social media assistant and uses social media to promote the ICPD agenda and UNFPA’s programme in Indonesia.
- Contributes to design and implementation of key Media and Communications materials including materials to promote MDGs.
- Develops press releases, updates of a media contact list and distribution of current information materials to the press.
- Oversees web-based publications to support the Country Office programmes.
- Prepares specific briefing materials, background papers, other custom publications and exhibition materials.
- Supervises the website and multi-media assistant to maintain the update of the UNFPA Indonesia website’ content and design.
- Participates in the programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in particular, from a communication perspective.
- Liaises with UNFPA Headquarters and UNFPA APRO Communication Officer in support of media activities of the Country Office.
- Networks and works closely with information and communications specialists at other UN agencies in Indonesia, and participates in the Inter Agency Communication Officers’ meetings.
- Plans and organizes travel to locations throughout Indonesia to gather information, research topics, film and photograph specific sites and interviews public figures/programme target group to document activities for use in publications, websites or video documentaries.
- Attends meetings, press briefings and other public events as needed. Also responsible for preparing all necessary documents and liaison with the journalists and media personalities for press briefings to be attended by the Representative or any other staff members of the Country office.
- Performs other related activities as assigned by the Representative and/or supervisor.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.