Chemonics International Inc.
Higher Education and Leadership Management Project (HELM)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks qualified Indonesian personnel for the USAID Higher Education Leadership and Management (HELM) project in Indonesia.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager)
DoH: July 11th, 2016
Type: Fixed-term employment
Period: 5 months (with possible extension).
The USAID-HELM project was awarded to Chemonics International on November 28, 2011. Chemonics implements HELM with support from partners: the Indiana University Alliance; JBS International Inc., Aguirre Division; and the University of Kentucky (UKY). The five year project was designed to support Indonesia’s Higher Education (HE) sector in increasing its quality and relevance through improved focus on administration and management capacity. In partnership with the Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI), HELM provides technical assistance, training, and additional supports to 50 Indonesian Higher Education Institutions (HEI) to strengthen the leadership capacity and increase effectiveness in the following four core management areas; General Administration and Leadership, Financial Management, Quality Assurance, and Collaboration with External Stakeholders. In 2016, the last year of implementation HELM focused in sustainability program as one of the most important indicators for a project to be considered as successful. The sustainability of a project can be evaluated from program continuity, its multiplication effect, and value added that yield positive outcome for long after project ended, more people get skill or knowledge, and more people gain better position and recognition.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist/COP in planning and coordinating all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the HELM project and its activities. Such monitoring and evaluation will include updating of the project and annual monitoring and evaluation plans, monitoring and evaluating progress toward project milestones, achievements and expected results, and reporting on such progress.
Under the guidance of the M&E Specialist/COP, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring PMP procedures are followed
- Overseeing the preparation of M&E materials at HELM activities
- Assisting project staff and HEI partners report on data inputs for the M&E indicators and results
- Attending HELM events or conducting field visits to collect data as necessary
- Leading M&E efforts on the rapid survey data collection, including follow-ups and data verification/triangulation
- Supports the M&E Specialist/COP in the data collection of qualitative case studies
- Maintain M&E databases that logically track and organize all data
- Overseeing the maintenance of M&E filing system and ensuring there is a logical organization of all indicators, instruments, and back up data that is easily accessible and complete
- Regularly conducting intensive quality check on data inputted by M&E Officer and Junior M&E Assistant, particularly for Indicators 1 & 3
Data Processing & Analysis
- Compile and analyze relevant data to outline project progress for contractual reports, particularly the final report
- Assist M&E Specialist in coding qualitative case studies data
- Assist/lead in collating and analyzing relevant data to demonstrate project progress for contractual reports, including quarterly and annual reports and/or presentations.
- Assist/lead in gathering and presenting HELM data to the client in a timely manner.
- Assist/lead in preparing reports and communications about progress on targets to staff and USAID.
- Assist/lead in dissemination of lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Systemically and regularly communicate progress to project staff
- Respond to requests for M&E data in a timely manner
- Contributing to/leading weekly M&E meetings and conference calls
- Delegating team tasks and track progress
- Providing technical and professional support to Junior M&E Assistant and M&E Officer
- B.A./B.S. relevant field required
- Minimum five years’ experience developing and implementing M&E systems in a development context.
- Experience with M&E/PMP systems for similar international implementers or organizations required
- Highly experienced in managing a results based approach program.
- Strong demonstration of analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, and other programs required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, to convey results to non-technical stakeholders, and to generate interest in the use of M&E results and help staff to make programmatic improvements desired.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian and proficiency in written and spoken English required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants for this position are requested to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position in the subject line. Only the strongest candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries.
Application close: 12 June 2016 at 17:00 (Jakarta time).
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.