World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Logistics Officer (EPR)
Duty Station: Jakarta
Start date: Soon
Duration of Employment: 6 months, extendable
In order to enhance national disaster response capacities, the Indonesian Government (through its 2015 –19 Mid-Term Development Plan RPJMN) has committed to establish a National Network of six Humanitarian Response Facilities in Indonesia to improve the agility, effectiveness and efficiency of emergency responses, and enhance government readiness to rapidly and effectively deploy response teams and equipment into affected areas.
A critical factor to significantly enhance the capacities to reach populations affected by disasters is to seamlessly integrate these facilities into emergency preparedness processes and maintaining a core focus on supporting disaster response operations. The proposed establishment of a National Network of Humanitarian Response Facilities will modernize and upgrade Indonesia’s disaster preparedness and response capabilities.
WFP supports this project by providing technical expertise and support to BNPB Decision Makers and Project Implementers on (i) Strategic Logistics Planning, (ii) Physical Facility Development, (iii) Systems Development (Warehouse Management and Commodity Tracking Systems), and (iv) Knowledge Sharing. Finally, (v) the facilities will be jointly operated during 12 months to ensure that they are effectively developed and managed.
Under the direct supervision of the International Logistics Consultant; and with the technical support of the Head of EPR of WFP Indonesia and the Logistics and EPR Branches at Bangkok HQ, the Logistics Officer (EPR) will provide technical support to BNPB to establish the National Network of Humanitarian Response Facilities.
The Logistics Officer will be based in BNPB Secretary General offices in Jakarta and will carry out the following tasks:
- Support the development of the network of Humanitarian Response Facilities through operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of assistance to beneficiaries;
- Assist in the development and implementation of WFP Indonesia EPR programme, supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide support to government EPR capacity development programme and related projects, to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Collect and analyze data through research and networking with colleagues to improve performance of local logistics operations;
- Preparation of accurate and timely reporting that enables informed decision making and consistency of information;
- Support the capacity development of partners for efficient and effective delivery of assistance to beneficiaries;
- Identify and build productive relationships with logistics colleagues and staff within counterpart departments;
- Follow emergency logistics preparedness practices to ensure WFP teams are able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis; and
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency assistance needs.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Specific Job Requirements
Development of the network of Humanitarian Response Facilities
- Work in close collaboration with the heads of key BNPB departments including; preparedness, logistics, response, planning and training.
- Liaise with all relevant departments, (i) within BNPB, and (ii) with other concerned governmental agencies (Ministries of health, Social Affairs and Public Works together with national Red Cross);
- Request, coordinate, facilitate and organize the necessary support from WFP’s experts and HQ’s technical departments;
- Assess and get a clear understanding of existing BNPB / BPBDs Logistics Protocols and Logistics Networks, including SOPs between National, Provincial and District levels.
- Advocate for and support BNPB in the utilization of the HRFs in a holistic integrated manner which will involve all related stakeholders with BNPB (management, preparedness, logistics, response, planning, legal etc..) and also with emergency response stakeholders (military, humanitarian, red cross, UN, commercial logistic service providers, academics, etc..).
- Advocate for and support BNPB to take a holistic approach to involve all aspects of emergency preparedness and response into the project for the network of Humanitarian Response facilities (to include, coordination, response operation planning, etc.).
- Advocate for and support the provision of technical advice for BNPB to incorporate modern technology based supply chain management system (involving WMS, CTS, etc.)
- Promote and maintain integrated approaches to involve other aspects of WFP EPR unit into BNPB project – specifically targeting incorporation of training, simulations, emergency response planning, cluster and resource mobilization activities
- Support the re-activation of the National Logistics Cluster with emergency preparedness measures including; work plans, coordination mechanisms , simulation exercises, information management systems etc.;
- Maintain close liaison with related WFP partners such as NUS, BNPB, UNHRD, WFP FEU, WFP Pakistan, WFP RBB, ALI, ALFI, and relevant LET partners and facilitate their involvement in the National Logistics Cluster.
- Support preparation and implementation of joint work plans for the following
- Identification of optimal locations for facilities within the network
- Developing a scope of works for layout design of facility infrastructure
- Engagement with 3rd parties for the development and conducting baseline surveys for KAP and capacity development requirements
- Taking a strategic and collaborative approach to developing strategic stock profiles for the contents of the facilities
- Establishment of project management structures including; Project management unit, Advisory Board and Steering committee
- Support and joint site assessments to identified locations for the establishment of both permanent and temporary hubs and to coordinate with local partners and dedicate consultants
- Designing BNPB’s Relief Goods Inventory Management System
- Draft BNPB’s Logistics SOPs for facility operational activation, based on International Best Practices.
- Support immediate emergency response in country as required;
- Provide training and guidance to junior staff;
- Supervise staff, as required; and
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: Minimum three to five years of postgraduate in designing a multi-year program or strategy in Logistics, emergency preparedness & response and Disaster Risk Reduction. Professional experiences in humanitarian logistics/preparedness &response, DRR. Proficiency in Windows (MS Word, MS Excel, power point) SAP preferable.
Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of EPR related areas and excellent in coordinating with Government agency, International agencies. Experience in facilitating/training in DRR is a plus.
Language: Excellent Bahasa and English language skills and demonstrated ability to represent WFP in fora and other external engagements; demonstrated strong analytical and report writing skills.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by E-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org. Please put the vacancy number and the post title in the subject matter.
All applications should include an updated CV and Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link CLICK HERE, a photograph, and three references and should be received no later than 3 July 2016.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.