The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
Public Sector Manager
Terms and Condition
Start Date: August, 2016
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area: The Agriculture Extension Support will be based in Bogor and Palembang.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to: Pilot Landscape Team Leader
Key Purpose of the Job
Public Sector Manager will manage the relationships with all government agencies and land managers in the landscape, assisting and advising in preparation of adaptive management plans, creation of new programs, and implementation of proposed actions to support biodiversity conservation in the pilot landscape area.
This position is part of oversees the UKCCU/NICFI Project in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that contribute to land-based GHG emissions”.
The Public Sector Manager will be based in Bogor and Palembang.
People The Public Sector Manager will report directly to Pilot Landscape Team Leader, and indirectly to the Sumsel Deputy Project Director.
Responsibilities The post-holder will ensure that operations in Palembang are in compliance with ZSL and the contractual agreement with the UK government.
S/he will be responsible for supervising Restoration Unit Team Leader, Agricultural Extension Support, Biodiversity Monitoring Team Leader, Water Monitoring Team Leader, Smallholder OP Team Leader and Smallholder HCV Team Leader with more focus on forest area such as: Forest Management Unit, National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary etc.
- Minimum Master degree in a related discipline e.g. forestry, biology, natural resource management, or conservation.
- Minimum 10 years’ successful experience working in similar position with an international NGO.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, financial and organizational development skills, strong coaching skills and excellent analytical and financial planning skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative problem solving skills.
- Minimum 7 years’ previous experience as an effective supervisor.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous work (directly or indirectly) with Government of Indonesia Institutions would also be a strong advantage.
- Understanding about Wildlife conservation particulary in Indonesia is an Advantage
- Knowledge of National and Local Governmance policies and regulations
Skills & Abilities
- Good level of competence in MS Office.
- Good level of data reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
- Good communications and negotiation skills.
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and prioritize own work load.
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs.
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented.
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than July 8, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.