The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, expressing the will to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations.
In conducting the work especially in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assists in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Through ALERTAsia, EOCRU is seeking a CLINICAL TRIAL COORDINATOR (CTC) on treatment of non-pulmonary tuberculosis in patients in two Jakarta hospitals.
Clinical Trial Coordinator (CTC) will be a specialized research professional, who supports, manages, facilitates, and coordinates the daily operations of a clinical trial. She or he plays a critical role in the conduct of the study under the supervision of a designated Senior Clinical Researcher and will also work closely with the Principal Investigator at Oxford University Clinical Research Unit (OUCRU) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- From an office located within a clinical trials support facility operated by the University of Oxford within the Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia, serve as the sole coordinator of two hospital-based clinical trial sites (RS Cipto Mangunkusumo & RS Persahabatan) representing an international collaborative study sponsored by the Wellcome Trust and the University of Oxford.
- Organize and execute Good Clinical Practice training and certification, along with trial familiarization workshop for the clinical trial team.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the clinical trial with thorough understanding of the trial protocol and standard operating procedures.
- Oversee management of case record forms (CRF) by the clinical trial team and ensure completeness and accuracy of data collection and reporting.
- Monitor and maintain all reporting requirements to host institutions, ethical review boards, study sponsor, the Principal Investigator, and Indonesian food and drug regulators.
- Field requests from the trial investigators for assistance in resolving deviations from protocol, serious adverse event reporting, supply stock outs, equipment failures, personnel changes, etc.
- In coordination with a finance officer, manage the budget allocated to the clinical trial.
- Act as the liaison between study sites, the clinical trial support facility, and the Principal Investigator ensuring open and efficient communications of essential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related or basic science. A master degree would be advantages;
- Experience with clinical trials is essential;
- Nearly fluent in speaking and writing in English;
- Computer literacy and proficiency;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage and/or supervise complex research endeavors;
- Ability to work effectively as a team with healthcare personnel at all levels;
- Evidence of self-motivation, initiative, creativity and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate high level of organization skills and attention to details;
- Ability to observe, comprehend, analyze and solve problems independently;
- Recognize scope of decision making, with ability to receive directions as appropriate;
Application requirement (Cover Letter, CV, three name and address of professional referees, and your salary history) should be sent to via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please quote the reference “ACT-HIV Clinical Trial Coordinator”. Shortlisting candidates will start on Thursday, August 18, 2016.
Duration: 1 year with possible annual extensions to 4 years.
Note: we will only short list candidates who meet our application requirement.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.