Post Title: Program Manager
Post Level: Level J
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility to extention)
Base of assignment: Jakarta
Report to: Country Representative
Summary of Position
Organizational Context - The American Red Cross (AmCross) helps vulnerable people around the world to prevent, prepare for and respond to disasters, complex humanitarian emergencies and life-threatening health conditions. It is a member of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and works closely with Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI). Currently AmCross supports programs in Aceh, Jakarta, West, Central and East Java, Bali, NTB and NTT. AmCross works with the Indonesia Red Cross (PMI) focusing on three program sectors: Disaster Management, Health, and Organizational Development.
Programmatic Context – This position will be responsible to help support and advise PMI to effective implement manage the ‘Prototyping an Urban and Community Resilience Initiative in Southeast Asia’ Project with working closely with the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC), The project seeks to significantly enhance disaster preparedness and resilience in coastal cities in two countries in Southeast Asia and Pacific regions, where Indonesia is among the two countries selected (Vanuatu being the other) through improved public engagement on resilience and risk assessment as well as the establishment or strengthening of local coalitions to guide and support community analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making on resilience.
The Program Manager will work with PMI NHQ and respective in-country AmCross colleagues in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project to significantly strengthen the capacity of PMI in coalition building, urban risk assessment, resource mobilization and development, and capacity of target communities to prepare for, mitigate and respond to future disasters. The Program Manager would also work closely with the AmCross Regional Urban DRR Coordinator based in Thailand – especially as to setting Objectives and priorities to achieve project targets. The Program Manager would report to the Country Representative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Management, Research and Development
- Provide support and guidance to PMI at the NHQ level, and as relevant to Chapter and Branches to define and manage the project scope, including all activities required to deliver the expected deliverables with high quality standard.
- Work closely with PMI to ensure efficient utilization of the project duration by developing accurate planning/schedule which should be done by comprehensively identifying the activities that need to be performed to produce the project deliverables; identifying the relationships that exist among the various scheduled activities; allocating the type and quantity of resources available/required to perform each scheduled activity.
- Support PMI both at the national, Chapter and Branches level in identifying and working with various networks, groups and association (including public, private and civil society sectors) towards the strengthening or building of city coalition on urban resilience. This would also call for working closely with the IFRC One Billion Coalition of Resilience.
- Support PMI to liaise with government authorities, agencies and departments both at the national and local level for the implementation of project activities.
- Provide support and guidance in developing budgets, identifying cost estimates, as well as regularly monitoring budgets and expenditures, in close collaboration and coordination with Finance. Ensure that all procurement, logistics, and asset management related to the project comply with the procedures and SOPs
- Help PMI to identify and monitor all potential project risks and plan for actions to mitigate the risk and its impact to the project performance.
- Conduct field visit to project sites on a regular basis for monitoring, provision of hands-on support and quality assurance.
- Facilitate PMI to prepare project documentation and reporting to ensure all required reports are submitted on time, accurately, and completely. This includes provision of information for monthly CR report, Sub Recipient Monitoring Checklist, as well as Quarterly Project Report along with updated indicator tracking table; project documentation and knowledge management.
- Maintain Communication and coordination with PMI, IFRC, and Partner National Societies about the project and any topic related resiliency to share experiences/lesson learned and to create positive linkages to other related programs.
- Provide inputs as required to the project’s strategic planning process, achievement of activity targets and required modification of program objectives
- Undertake relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Representative when required
- Coordinate with the Regional Urban Resilience Coordinator to ensure effectiveness and proper implementation of the project.
- Program Representation
- Work towards the achievement of Am Cross’s goals in the country/region of operation through effective managerial, lateral relations and teamwork
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Ensures good information flow among all AmCross programs
- Support the AmCross Country Office with number of program related issues and sectors – most especially associated with resilience primarily with the Indonesia Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross
- Support the AmCross Country Office to institutionalize Resilience guidelines and policies as developed internally within ARC, Movement and externally i.e. UN, local authorities
- Provide field assistance to the team conducting assessments, monitoring if required;
- Attend relevant PMI and AmCross meetings, workshops and/or training programs as required. Present program ideas and carry out discussions on behalf of AmCross when required.
- Undertake tasks and small projects as assigned by the Country representative such as preparation of program documentation, assessments and studies when required;
- Report requirements:
- Monthly progress reports to Country Representative, quarterly analysis documentation to capture lessons and action oriented recommendations for the future. Participation, inputs and support in a number of other documentation/information processes, mentioned within the JD.
- Performance Assessment
- The successful candidate will be assessed on the quality of project’s performance and on the competencies associated with the requirements of the job. Where there are gaps in experience and where feasible, the AmCross will strive to train or coach the candidate.
- At least 8 years experiences in Disaster Management Field; 3 years minimum in project management and development; Understanding of and/or experienced with Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is preferable; Capacity building and/or experience with institutional strengthening; 2-3 years’ experience in community development, relief, humanitarian or related professional experience at a similar capacity. Experience with international organization (preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience working on urban issues with a focus on disaster risk reduction, coalition building/networks and advocacy
- University degree is Social Science and or relevant field is required. Master Degree is preferred
- Knowledge of various association, networks, groups in the country which would be relevant for the successful implementation of the project
- Knowledge of various laws, policies, program and ways of working related to disaster management/risk reduction both at the national and local level.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good level of understanding about organizational change
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in English and Indonesian (written and spoken) required.
- Good computers skills (Windows, Spreadsheets, Word Processing)
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Able to work in difficult operating environment e.g. disaster affected area
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English not later than August 8, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name (CV max. 200KB size). Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.