WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IN INDONESIA
- Industry: Non-profit/International Development
- Function: Finance Officer
- Employer: Build Change
- Job Location: Padang, West Sumatera - Indonesia
- Start Date: Immediate
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 20,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 40,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 200,000 people.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Finance Officer - Indonesia
The Finance Officer will have responsibility for financial of the Indonesia country office’s projects and operation, including budget development and monitoring, procurement. The Finance Officer will establish and maintain sound financial practices, including reviews of the financial reports provided by projects.
This position reports to Director of Finance and Administration and Program Manager of Indonesia.
- Open bank accounts and represent Build Change in solicitation of services and resolution of problems with financial institutions
- Prepare and track bank transfers for payroll and vendor payments
- Responsible for form and payment salary, including payroll slip and payroll register
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and end of month report using Quickbooks
- Prepare and file vouchers with complete documentation
- Track budgets and prepare cash flow statements
- Implement Build Change’s audit compliant procurement process, including reviewing Purchase Requests submitted by Office Manager
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, and transfers
- Ensure compliance with national tax and labor regulations
- Review request for payments submitted by Program staff to ensure proper account codes are used, check supporting documentation is complete, check funds are available
- Provide training to all staff to ensure proper procedures are followed
- Review Purchase Requests submitted by Procurement staff and Program division to ensure compliance with Procurement and finance procedures
- Manage the Weekly and Monthly Budget Reports to the Director of Administration and Finance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to financial matters as requested by the Director of Administration and Finance
- S1 degree in finance, business, management, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in finance
- Proficiency with Quickbooks software, internet, Excel, Word and other Office applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Extraordinary organizational skills, attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and supervise staff
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and development ethics
To apply, please send CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th July 2016. No phone calls please.
Successful candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible and vacancy will remain open until position is filled. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.