CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and enterprise & economic development.
CARE International Indonesia in Makassar (South Sulawesi) is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER (RPM)
REPORTS TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
JOB SUMMARYThe incumbent will oversee the planning, implementation & monitoring of CARE Projects in his/her assigned areas of operations. S/He will directly supervise Project Managers and program technical and admin/finance support staff. In the context of decentralized structure and integrated program approach, the incumbent will ensure that appropriate operating systems are in place and continuously appraised, and modifications are implemented to ensure effectiveness of the program and financial viability of operations. S/He will be responsible for control of approved operating budget and assets under his/her jurisdiction.
The Regional Program Manager is the point person for all the projects in his/her assigned areas of operations. It is the responsibility of the Regional Program Manager to ensure effective planning and implementation of projects as well as accuracy and timely submission of all reports from respective Project Manager (responsible for project oversight) to Program Unit Manager.
Guided by the Regional Program Strategy, the Regional Program Manager is responsible for identifying program opportunities and facilitating program development S/He is responsible (along with the Program Unit Manager) for the following: a) ensuring staff safety and security; b) undertaking appropriate response to emergencies; and c) relationship building and maintaining good working relationships with host Government officials, donors, partners and other stakeholders at field level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKSResponsibility 1: Oversee the program implementation in assigned operating area
- Ensures that programs & projects in assigned area are managed in a manner which achieves the program/project goals, is in line with donor contracts and CARE policies and procedures, and demonstrate sound resource management.
- Ensure that qualified staff and appropriate policies, systems, procedures and structures are in place at all times to properly manage CII’s programs/projects.
- Ensure that all projects have updated project implementation plans in place.
- Monitor the CII programs/projects to ensure that they are implemented in a professional manner in line with the approved project proposal and plans, by reviewing annual implementation plans and budgets and activity and expense reports.
- Ensure that donor and government reporting is done according to agreed upon standards and in timely manner.
- Ensure that projects are complying with the requirements imposed by GOI in MOUs and that the facilities and privileges provided by the GOI in support of CARE’s work are utilized.
- Ensure that proper coordination exists with HQ (through the Program Unit Manager), within and among projects and support Units at sub-office level for efficient program/project implementation.
- Ensure proper monitoring systems are applied to track progress and identify issues that constrain the smooth implementation of project activities; ensure system in place for timely course corrections as necessary.
- Ensure that updated database of partners in the operating area and geographical area mapping of projects and interventions are maintained.
- Ensure strong commodity management and accountability, where applicable.
- Ensure that recommendations from previous audits are addressed and subsequent audits show improving trend.
Responsibility 2: Financial Management at Sub-Office level
- Prepare sub-office budget based on implementation plan and in line with approved CO budget.
- Review financial reports and provide guidance on adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure the financial viability of the sub-office; i.e., project budgets are able to cover the running costs of the sub-office; monitor and analyze sub-office structure , particularly in anticipation of changes in sub-office portfolio.
- Monitor expenditure against approved operations budget and ensure compliance on all expenses in line with the signed donor contract and with CARE policies.
- Approves for advances of Program staff beyond established limits.
Responsibility 3: Reporting to donors and counterparts
- Coordinate with the Program Quality and Learning Unit to ensure proper M&E system is functional to generate project information for donor reporting, design of new initiatives and learning.
- Ensure timely, accurate narrative and financial reports are submitted to the CI Members/donors, as per specific agreements. In this connection, proper coordination is maintained with Program Unit Manager and CGMC.
- Maintain regular and transparent communications with donors and CI members on project implementation aspects at field level in coordination with the Program Unit Manager.
- Ensure that required project match are properly documented and reported.
Responsibility 4: Program Development
- Guided by the CO strategic plan and regional program strategy, provide support to the PQL in the identification of new programming opportunities. In this connection, actively liaise with donors, partners and other stakeholders at the field level to further develop opportunities.
- Explore possibilities of program funding diversification, including private sector, implementation through local partners.
- Ensure that new program design is integrated in program implementation cycle. In this connection, continuously gather and analyze data/information from the field, and feedback relevant information as inputs to project development and knowledge sharing.
- Liaise with GOI at provincial and district levels to secure support/endorsement on new program opportunities or project proposals.
Responsibility 5: Representation of CARE Programme at field level
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with relevant counterparts of GOI, CI Members, donors, locally based INGOs, networks, coalitions and relevant stakeholders.
- Uphold CII’s image at all levels, internal and external. Articulate to all stakeholders CII’s mission statement, apolitical nature, and core values.
- Ensure compliance of all contracts and local government protocols properly observed.
- Maintain a high standard of transparency and accountability in all transactions carried out with partners and other stakeholders.
- Represent CII in meetings, for and other events at field level that enhances CII work.
Responsibility 6: General Management
- Ensure direct reports have an updated and well-defined job description clearly stipulating roles & responsibilities.
- Provide advice and support to PMs in the performance of their tasks and responsibilities as per their job descriptions.
- Facilitate provision of technical support required for effective functioning of decentralized sub-office; i.e., technical advice on procurement, asset management, IT, administration, Finance, HR, donor regulations, GOI.
- Constantly monitor staff performances, based on staff performance plan, & provide feedback on both strengths and weakness areas; provide guidance or disciplinary action as needed.
- Identify staff training needs & organize trainings to build capacity of the staff.
- Undertake staff development through coaching, mentoring, regular output review and conduct of annual performance appraisal.
- Ensure staff safety and security and undertake appropriate actions in response to emergencies.
- Accomplish the Personnel Activity Report (PAR) reflecting the actual time spent per funding, and review subordinates’ monthly PAR.
- Project Manager/s
- Sub-Office Program Support Staff
- Sub-Office Technical support staff
- Proven work experience in managing multi-sector development projects.
- Proven capacity to accept responsibility & able to work independently.
- Proven team building and coordination skills.
- Proven capabilities to write clear logical & informative reports in English.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment, sensitive to the local culture and demonstrated positive attitude towards work.
- Experience in relief operation and project support management
- Computer literate and able to work with various packages; Ms Excel, word, power point a must.
- Able to work under strenuous conditions and produce tangible results.
- Able to operate in a matrix management structure.
TERMS OF OFFERCARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment, and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before July 13, 2016 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"
"Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted"
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.