Environmental Defense Fund Project
Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan
Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan (YBUL), established in 1993, is a non-profit organization located in Jakarta, experienced and specialized in promoting and implementing programs in renewable energy, the Clean Development Mechanism and community based environmentally friendly small- and medium-sized business empowerment through education, capacity building, feasibility studies and policy advocacy as well as access to microfinance and linking small- and medium-sized businesses to technology, market and financial access. YBUL’s focus is particularly on rural communities.
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. With programs from Boston to Beijing, EDF focuses on strong science, uncommon partnerships and economic-based approaches to solving environmental challenges. EDF has programs and partnerships in the United States, European Union, Sweden, Spain, Mexico, Cuba, Belize the Philippines, and now Indonesia through the YBUL-EDF Sustainable Ocean Partnership.
The YBUL-EDF Sustainable Ocean Partnership was established in 2014 to partner with and support others working to safeguard Indonesia’s oceans. We seek to improve management of wild-capture fisheries in ways that result in more fish in the water, more food, and more prosperous communities. We bring science, economics, policy and design expertise to help build the enabling conditions for sustainable fishing by working with NGOs, policymakers, fishers and communities, governments and others who will lead the way for much needed change.
You can be part of this YBUL-EDF partnership, a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions for innovation and results.
The Fisheries Specialist (Specialist) supports the implementation of the YBUL-EDF Sustainable Ocean Partnership (Program) by working closely with governments, private sector, academia, community groups and other stakeholders to implement sustainable fisheries management. The Specialist will help coordinate and contribute to fishery management planning – including technical consultations and outreach -- to design and implement fishery management that achieves ecological, economic, and social goals. S/he will work closely with government, universities, NGOs, fisher groups and other stakeholders. S/he works under the supervision of Senior Fisheries Manager supporting the adaptation of fishery management planning tools for use and implementation in Indonesia fisheries and working with partners on the ground. S/he will help develop and carry out work plans and will prepare project analyses and reports as directed. S/he monitors progress and proposes adaptations to work plans as required.
- S1 Degree in related field such as fisheries management, environmental science, marine conservation, biology, natural resource economics, natural resources social studies, etc.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare analyses and write reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team to achieve common goals.
- Understanding and alignment with rights-based management for sustainable fisheries.
- Ability to work in South Jakarta office and travel frequently to sites around Indonesia.
- Support the Senior Fisheries Manager to prepare technical materials, processes and tools to help government and stakeholders design and implement sustainable fisheries management, including rights-based management.
- Support and organize stakeholder groups, including government, private sector, academia, fisher, value chain groups and others, to participate effectively in fisheries management planning and implementation.
- Help introduce fisheries management concepts that achieve economic, social and ecological goals, including right-based management, to government and stakeholders to increase buy-in and commitment.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with local community groups, NGOs, private sector, government and other relevant stakeholders at project sites.
- Please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications (no more than one page) and resume or CV (no more than four pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until it is filled. (Only short-listed candidates will be notified.)
BUL-EDF Sustainable Oceans Partnership
We help design and implement sustainable fishing for more fish in the water, more food, and more prosperous communities.
Who are we?
- Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is an international NGO using science, economics, policy and law to create solutions that let people and nature prosper. Yayasan Bina Usaha Lingkungan (YBUL) helps communities through sustainable development and entrepreneurship.
- Sustaining Indonesia’s marine ecosystems and fisheries is a global conservation priority.
- President Widodo has elevated the importance of sustainable and prosperous fisheries.
- EDF is working on reforms in 12 governments comprising 1/3 of global fish production.
- Many of Indonesia’s fisheries are increasingly overexploited and underperforming, putting the national economy and the livelihoods and food of millions of people in danger.
What do we do?
- We bring 25 years of hands-on experience and results, critical information, and handbooks to help guide stakeholders to design and implement sustainable fisheries management.
- We work in partnerships with governments and stakeholders.
- We design sustainable fishing that helps fishers and communities become stewards.
What are the principles of sustainable fishing?
- Government, fishers, value chain and other stakeholders are partners
- Science, economics and local goals guide management
- A sustainable catch limit and secure fishing privileges are essential
- Policies, capacities, and institutions can be strengthened to support sustainable fishing
For more information, please contact Thata Kurniawan—email@example.com
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.