The ASEAN German-Programme on Response to Climate Change in Agriculture and Forestry (GAP-CC) is a programme that commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC), aims at improving the framework conditions for sustainable agriculture and forestry in ASEAN Member States. GAP-CC is a project that aims at improving the framework conditions for sustainable agriculture and forestry in ASEAN Member States. GAP-CC is comprised of two projects designed to achieve the program objective: the Sustainable Agrifood Systems project (SAS) based in Bangkok, and the Forestry and Climate Change project (FOR-CC) based in Jakarta.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
ADVISOR ON FORESTRY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
- Manage area of responsibility, i.e. partner engagement with ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN member states, and other institutions to support the implementation of project objectives in improving and strengthening the process of policy development on forestry, climate change related issues at regional level;
- Assists the project initiatives to provide policy and technical advices to project partners, i.e. ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN member states, and other institutions;
- Maintains close cooperation and builds synergies with other GIZ Projects in the region in developing and building capacities on forestry and climate change to support national to sub-national and regional initiatives on forestry, climate change projects;
- Provides backstopping support to Senior Advisor/Component Leader and the team on forestry and climate change based on request.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
- Assists the implementation of FOR-CC workplans and activities in close consultation with partners for the field of private sector finance and engagement on climate change mitigation projects;
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work with the component leader and the partners;
- Assist to conceptualizing forestry climate change related activities, including in designing of and implementing work plans or developing consultancy assignments;
- Provide technical and policy advices to partner institutions as well as FOR-CC team on approaches and activities related to forestry and climate change;
- Support in the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events in particular on forestry, climate change topics in coordination with partners;
- Assists with general
project planning and develops project concepts including preparation,
organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation,
Coordination and cooperation tasks
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, especially with ASEAN Secretariat, ASEAN member states and other institutions to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Actively develops the synergies with other GIZ programs whose activities are related to forestry and climate change;
- Communicates and liaises with other donor programs whose activities are related to forestry and climate change;
- Coordinates project activities in consultation with the component leader/senior advisor, FOR-CC team and in cooperation with the partners, both with regards to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compiles relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- Assist senior advisor/component leader to develop strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Provides reports, brief analysis and presentations, and other documents;
- Ensures the implementation of activities related including administrative management;
- Supports the FOR-CC team with regard to reporting, monitoring and knowledge management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master degree or PhD in natural resource management, forestry, environment, climate change, or relevant fields;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position. Experience in working at national level on forestry, FLEGT, REDD+ and/or climate change issue. Experience working at regional level would be an advantage;
- Full working proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must as well as strong writing and editing skills in both languages;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team;
- Good working relations with various actors with regard to forestry, environment, climate change policy, and governance;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, CMS and publishing software);
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures is agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: August 2016
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor/Component Leader
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 19 July 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCC – Advisor FCC
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.