The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. PAKLIM is a Program advising and supporting the national government, local governments and industries with climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives.
PAKLIM program is divided into three working areas: (1) Climate Policy Advice for National and Sub-national Governments, (2) GHG emission reduction in Industries, and (3) Climate Change and Education.
GIZ is seeking for one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Technical Project Professional (Consultant for Climate Change)
The Technical Project Professional will support the RAN GRK secretariat by providing procedural and technical advice and assistance on climate change and monitoring, and coordination at national and local level.
- Review of the baselines for GHG emissions that have been established for all sectors in Indonesia under the RAD-GRK process. This task includes:
- Review the accuracy of assumptions on which baselines are based
- Update assumptions where necessary
- Review baseline methodology and suggest improvements
- Assist Provinces in the selection of mitigation actions within the RAD-GRK framework. This task includes:
- Provide procedural and technical advice to relevant stakeholders on identifying and prioritizing cost-efficient „quick-win options“ based on list of actions developed by provinces
- Support development of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) System for all sectors related measures. This task includes:
- Provide technical assistance to Ministry of Bappenas and relevant working groups in the improvement and testing of MER templates and guidelines at provincial level
- Co-ordinate and compile information on RAN/RAD-GRK progress in all sectors in reporting formats
- Join meetings of relevant working groups and provide technical input
- Facilitate the introduction of transport-related MER System at provincial level. This task includes, inter alia:
- Participate in and provide technical input to events at provincial level designed to introduce and socialize the MER system among relevant stakeholders
- Crosscutting tasks include:
- Coordinate and act as liaison between the RAN GRK Secretariat and Bappenas/Line Ministry, Development Partners and Others
- Support the RAN GRK secretariat and all working group in policy analysis and development related to implementation of the RAN-GRK (and RAD GRK), including providing research, analytical advice on policy issues and capacity development
- Co-ordinate the information regarding all sectors to be displayed in the section sectorial information RAN-GRK secretariat website
- Together with the secretariat RAN GRK, provide concept notes, presentations and policy briefs, prepare workshops in particular for all sectors for RAD-GRK and RAN-GRK implementation in the local and national level
- Provide briefing notes and associated material related to RAD-GRK and RAN-GRK implementation, national local coordination, and MRV in all sectors as required by counterparts and GIZ.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Master’s Degree in a course related to land based, transport, energy; optional: specialization in a field related to the Environmental/ Climate change mitigation economics and policy
- A Minimum of 5 years of relevant occupational experience in a comparable position on transport, land based, energy and/or climate change
- Experienced in project management
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with analytical capacity and ability to synthesize relevant findings
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: August 2016
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader Working Area 1
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 15 July 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PAKLIM – TPP-RAN GRK
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.