Based in Seoul, the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is an intergovernmental organization founded to support and promote a model of economic growth known as "green growth", which targets key aspects of economic performance such a poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability. GGGI works with countries around the world, building their capacity and working collaboratively on green growth policies that can impact the lives of millions. The organization partners with countries, multilateral institutions, government bodies, and private sector to help build economies that grow strongly and are more efficient and sustainable in the use of natural resources, less carbon intensive, and more resilient to climate change.
GGGI supports stakeholders through complementary and integrated workstreams – Green Growth Planning & Implementation and Knowledge Solutions – that deliver comprehensive products designed to assist in developing, financing, and mainstreaming green growth in national economic development plans.
Objectives/Purpose of the Assignment:
Support green growth strategy implementation in the development and investment planning, both in province and two-piloted districts (Murung Raya and Pulang Pisau).
Scope of Work:
The consultant will play an active role in identifying local government’s economic development and investment priorities, and provide insight to government partners on how green growth can help achieve their economic and development goals as well as contribute to climate change and environmental goals. The consultant will work closely with government counterparts, especially those who are sit in district’s green growth steering committees in Murung Raya and Pulang Pisau, provincial’s development teams where GGGI listed as member, and land-based related agencies. The consultant will support the gathering of data and information for economic valuation, modeling to support green growth related policy shifts, and identify opportunities to drive public and private investment towards green growth. In addition, he/she will support GGGI’s capacity building efforts through workshop or focus group discussion preparation.
The consultant will be based in Palangka Raya (Central Kalimantan province) and travel to each district in a regular basis to work with the district’s Steering Committee of Green Growth. It is also expected to support relevant program activities in East Kalimantan as needed and occasional travel to Jakarta. The position will have dual-reporting lines to GGGI’s provincial and Jakarta offices.
- Provide technical guidances to assist provincial and district governments in mainstreaming green growth into their development and investment plans (Rencana Kegiatan Pembangunan/RKP, Rencana Pembangunan Jangka Menengah/RPJM, Anggaran Pendapatan dan Belanja Daerah/APBD).
- Provide inputs to the government’s monitoring and evaluation of the existing government programs and budget, including assessing government budget (re-) allocation, and assessing other opportunities and barriers to implementation as basis to drive investment towards green growth strategy at selected pilot districts.
- Collect and analyze data and information related with economic valuation and modelling at sub-national level to strengthen GoI counterparts’ capacity in making more informed policy and investment decisions in planning/design of economic activities.
- Identify, compile, and summarize capacity building and policy development needs in order to promote further adoption of green growth within development and investment planning processes.
- Two succint report on technical recommendations: one for provincial government of Central Kalimantan, and one for districts governments (Murung Raya and Pulang Pisau). The report must be in English, in accordance with GGGI’s formatting requirements, and submitted in hard copy and compact disk formats along with complete sets of raw data, research materials, and interview notes.
- At least four focus group discusssions: two with provincial government of Central Kalimantan, and two with districts governments (Murung Raya and Pulang Pisau).
- At least two field visits: one in Murung Raya and one in Pulang Pisau.
- A continous commitment from district governments to allocate budget for green growth strategy implementation
- A Bachelors (preferably Masters) degree in Economics, ideally with a focus on environmental economics and a keen interest in environment and climate related issues.
- Minimum five years proven experiences to work on government’s development and budgeting planning processes (Musrenbang, RKP, RPJMD, APBD, Strategi Perencanaan dan Penganggaran Pembangunan Hijau/P3H).
- Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills, and consensus-building skills, and ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies and to understand government needs.
- Flexible, adaptive and able to carry out multiple activities to tight deadlines.
- Ability to deliver quality products independently with minimal supervision.
- A wide network with local governments, private companies, academicians and local CSOs, particularly in Central Kalimantan, will be seen as a strong asset.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Online applicaton
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.