The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
Regional WASH Financing Specialist for North Sumatera (NS), West Java, DKI and Tangerang (WJDT), Central Java (CJ), East Java (EJ) and South Sulawesi and Eastern Indonesia (SSEI) : (JOB CODE : WFS-REG)
Task and Responsibility:
The WASH Financing Specialist will coordinate the overall IUWASH PLUS WASH Financing Programs at each region, including both Municipal Finance and Micro-finance activities. His/her responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Undertake regular financial assessments in the area of wash service delivery (both water supply and sanitation) for the target locations to identify existing conditions, main issues, potential demand, possible conflict with other programs and commitment from key Local stakeholders.
- Build consensus with local stakeholders (PDAM, Dewan Pengawas , PEMDA, etc) for financing priorities on program activities for Water Supply and Sanitation, with special focus on
- supporting programs to increase water supply access for poor neighborhoods,
- promotion of creative WASH micro-finance options for households
- province-level WASH financing forums for national, provincial and local stakeholders
- third-party, objective financial feasibility analysis and/ other other support activities for private sector funding under B2B and PPP arrangements
- Assist local governments to obtain WASH grant (hibah) funding
- gap assessment of WASH financing products/options available to SMEs, in close coordination with Component 1 team
- Support preparation of IUWASH annual regional work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans with local partners (PDAM, PEMDA), incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders.
- Monitoring of WASH Financing activities in region, in line with agreed activities and budgets, including development of SOW for regional field activities (STTA, events, subcontracts, trainings, exchange visits, FGD, discussion forums, etc.)
- Contribute to the regular IUWASH PLUS progress reports regarding all Regional WASH Financing activities
- Track progress against performance indicators through regular monitoring of activities and results following the relevant indicators in the approved IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP).
- Maintaining regular contact with other Regional WASH Financing Specialists, join regular IUWASH meetings, and provide regular updates to Regional Manager and National WASH Financing Advisor on ongoing and planned field work with local partners.
- Ensure strong linkages between Regional WASH Financing programs and activities of Component 3 with other programs and activities in the same Component, as well as with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 1, Improving household WASH services; Component 2, Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation (LSI) Program to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in Accounting,Economics, Financial Management
- At least 5-years experiences providing technical assistance or as a consultant of enterprises preferably to Local Water Supply Companies (PDAM) and local government.
- Experiences in financial analysis and conducting audit report and developing financial projection.
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
- Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
- Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASHPlus.firstname.lastname@example.org before July 28, 2016. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.