The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an
improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
URBAN SANITATION SPECIALIST for North Sumatera (NS), West Java, DKI and Tangerang (WJDT), Central Java (CJ), East Java (EJ) and South Sulawesi & Eastern Indonesia (SSEI) (JOB CODE : USS-REG)
Task and Responsibility:
- Conduct technical assessments in the area of urban sanitation service delivery for the target locations to identify existing conditions, main issues, potential demand, and commitment from key Local stakeholders.
- Build consensus with local stakeholders for priorities on program activities.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Urban Sanitation IUWASH PLUS program in the designated region.
- Support development and strengthening of local Sanitation operators (UPTD, PDAM, PD PAL) to provide improved citywide sanitation service,
- Including improved septage management, construction of standard
septic tanks, and oversight of communal sanitation systems.
- 5 years of experience as Sanitation Specialist or equivalent. Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to undertake regular technical assessments in the area of urban sanitation service delivery for selected locations.
- Experience working with beneficiary stakeholder groups.
- Ability to develop and strengthen local Sanitation operators to provide improved citywide sanitation service..
- Experience with USAID programs is highly desirable.
Expected Start Date : available immediately.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASHPlus.email@example.com before July 22, 2016. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Early submission is appreciated.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.