The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for more than 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have several openings for:
GIS & MAPPING OFFICER
The GIS and Mapping Officer manages and maintains conservation databases and provides technical support in GIS or other relational database technologies to TNC staff. This includes:
- Processes spatial and/or relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material
- Collects, stores and analyzes databases of both numerical and geographical/spatial, GIS, Remote Sensing and mapping data to support the forest program activities
- Conducts spatial data analysis and land cover, land use allocation, ecosystem type, and spatial planning in program sites
- Processes satellite imagery and if necessary define biotype/habitat types as required
- Undertakes ecological resource surveys and analysis of data as a baseline for the development of GIS maps
- Conducts surveys, record data and writes project reports
- Trains staff and partners
- Produces maps and/or other graphic products
- Performs fieldwork, including ecosystem assessment and field monitoring
The GIS & Mapping Officer is based in Samarinda and reports to the Natural Resources Planning Manager.
- BA/BS or Associates degree in related field and 2-3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience with producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports and operating GIS software.
- Experience analyzing, building, populating and producing reports from databases.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Manages time and diverse activities under deadlines while delivering quality results.
- Demonstrated experience operating GIS software and creating maps and/or managing other relational databases and creating other graphic products.
- Demonstrated database and computer-based management experience including managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Program Development Manager supports The Nature Conservancy’s conservation goals by supporting the design and implementation of a systematic program management system for strategic planning, program development, operational management, and adaptive management within the Indonesia Terrestrial Program.
- Assisting in the implementation of the Indonesia Terrestrial Program (ITP) management cycle encompassing the strategic planning, program development, operations, and learning
- Working together with the Asia Pacific and WO team in identifying and evaluating funding opportunities and facilitating the program team in drafting project proposals
- Responsible in researching, editing and writing grant proposals seeking potential individual, corporate and government funding opportunities
- Supporting the engagement with public donors throughout the implementation phase of important publicly funded projects
- Provides leadership for all support activities as related to philanthropy within ITP, including group cultivation and stewardship events/trips, database management, gift processing, prospect research and creative writing for foundation grants and donor stewardship reports
- Playing coordination role in implementation of large, complex publicly funded programs that cut across ITP teams
- Supporting design and management of ITP’s learning strategy to adapt our approaches and share lessons learned based on our program experiences
- Evaluating internal capacity development needs and develop strategies and programs to address them
- Providing leadership in the design and implementation of ITP’s measures, monitoring, and evaluation program at the impact, outcome, and output levels for the ITP overall as well as for particular projects
- Engaging with regional and World Office teams to ensure that ITP measures, monitoring, and evaluation system is benefitting from the latest organizational approaches and in line with global organizational needs
- Compiling semi-annual strategy performance assessments on impacts and outcomes, reviewing staff progress reports on program outputs, and updating the senior management team regarding the program performance
- Support site projects for effective and efficient lesson-learned document & sustainability plan development
- Develop and produce a practical-hand book/guidelines on conservation, protected areas management, improved forest management, REDD & other related topics
This position will be based in Jakarta and reports to the Terrestrial Program Manager.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads and finances under deadlines.
- Supervisory experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government).
- Negotiation skills
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than July 22, 2016. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.