Functional Title : Protection Associate (RSD)
Category & Level : UNOPS, Individual Contract Agreement, GL-6 Level
Duty Station : Pekanbaru, Riau Province
Entry on Duty : 1 August 2016
Duration : Initially until 31 December 2016 with possibility of extension
Annual Salary : Starting from IDR 208,712,000.
Closing Date : 18 July 2016
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the RSD Officer and overall supervision of the Senior Protection Officer, the incumbent will perform the following duties in his/her area of responsibility:
- Conduct refugee status determination (RSD) interviews, drafting legal assessments and making recommendations on refugee status in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with UNHCR guidelines and procedural standards;
- Conduct between 14 and 20 RSD interviews per month and finalize an equal number of RSD assessments per month;
- Provide RSD counselling services to asylum seekers;
- Ensure that all persons of concern interviewed receive an RSD decision in a timely manner, as per UNHCR procedural standards;
- Conduct research on country of origin information and legal issues to assist in managing and improving the country of origin knowledge base;
- Undertake missions to conduct RSD activities in detention centres in other locations throughout Indonesia, as necessary;
- Perform other duties, as required.
Education: Minimum completion of secondary education but preferably a University Degree in Law, Political Science, or related disciplines.
Experience: Four (4) years work experience in a similar area or in the human rights field required. Experience conducting refugee status determination is highly desirable. Working in a multi-cultural environment or international context is an added asset.
Nationality: Citizen of Indonesia; non-citizen with Indonesian permanent residence.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and oral) is essential; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
Desirable Skills: Communication; computer and Windows literate; good knowledge of UNHCR’s protection mandate; excellent writing skills; good interviewing techniques; ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Within UNHCR involving the exchange of a wide range of information;
- With External Parties: local authorities, NGOs, and international organizations.
Supervision exercised and guidance given:
On-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Menara Ravindo Lt. 14
Jl. Kebon Sirih Kav. 75
Jl. Kebon Sirih Kav. 75
Or via e-mail to INSJA@unhcr.org
IMPORTANT: Candidates must indicate the post title and vacancy number on the envelope or subject of e-mail.
Applications from all gender and persons with disabilities are encouraged.
Late applications will not be considered. Only those short-listed for interviews will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 18 July 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.