Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for a Palm Oil Technical Specialist. The responsibilities and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
- Position Title: Palm Oil Technical Specialist
- LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia (with frequent travel to Riau)
- Department: Environment Group
- Reports to: Project Manager, Indonesia
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social, agricultural and environmental issues. Inspired by its namesake Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock combines scientific and technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to deliver market-based solutions that improve lives around the world. Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources across the globe.
Winrock is developing a program to increase the capacity of stakeholders to sustainably produce and manage oil palm in Indonesia. The team is looking to recruit strong technical expertise in oil palm and peat. This could be a consultancy or staff position. The role will focus initially on implementing a Cargill-Costco IDH funded project which aims to support reduced greenhouse gas emissions and increased market access for smallholder oil palm producers and will transition towards managing the technical components of a grant-funded 2 year project.
The role will focus initially on supporting a project that will create a step-by-step guide for smallholders and tengkulak on how to 1) identify and manage peatland areas in existing plantations and new plantings, and 2) restore peat areas not suitable for replanting. Winrock and Cargill will work in partnership to deliver the draft protocol. The draft will be submitted to the RSPO Smallholder Working Group (SHWG), ISPO, ISCC and the IDH Traceability Working Group.
Expected assignment period: August 15th 2016 – March 31st 2017
To lead the technical input in creating a ‘Smallholder Protocol for Sustainable Management of Peat Areas and Responsible Re-Planting of Oil Palm'.
Working closely with the Project Manager to:
- Create a first draft of the protocol based on the outline and layout agreed by Winrock and the project stakeholders, using sound knowledge of Good Agriculture Practice
- Ensure input from the pilot site survey and inception and awareness raising workshops is well reflected in the draft protocol
- Support the organization of and presentations in expert meetings and wider workshops to refine the protocol and obtain input and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Design and implement the 2-month field level testing approach, including the field/site workshops in 2 villages in Siak.
- Collect data on project output, outcome and impact indicators and support production of the final monitoring & evaluation report.
- Make final revisions to the protocol based on the smallholder implementation pilot;
- Present the final draft protocol to RSPO, ISPO, IDH, the Smallholders Union, the Sustainable Palm Oil Manifesto, and other key stakeholders for their review.
- Other duties as assigned by Winrock.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in oil palm with strong technical knowledge in production in peat areas. Preferably on the plantation operation
- A degree in agronomy or related.
- Experience in writing training manuals, and delivering field-training, ideally for smallholder farmers
- Understanding of peat hydrology.
- Good written and spoken English
- Open communication style and able to work in a small team as well as individually when needed.
- Ability to travel regularly to Siak (Riau) for up to a week at a time
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets and Powerpoint
- Have experience or passion in administering finance and logistic
Applicants should send their applicantion to email@example.com (Subject: Palm Oil Technical Specialist)
Deadline: July 29th 2016
Winrock thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.