Social Behavior Change Communications Advisor, USAID/Indonesia BERSAMA GBV Prevention Program
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting local Indonesian applicants for the position of Social Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) Advisor for the USAID-funded BERSAMA – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia. The objective of the project is to reduce violence against women in target provinces through prevention, behavior change, and capacity building of local organizations and service providers.
The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applicants should email a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com with BERSAMA SBCC Advisor in the subject line by July 31, 2015. Qualified Indonesian nationals, especially those residing in Eastern Indonesia, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
- POSITION TITLE: Social Behavior Change Communication Advisor
- PROJECT: Bersama – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
- LOCATION: Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia
- DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
- REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor will be responsible for providing technical leadership for a high-quality, results-oriented program focused on reducing gender based violence (GBV) in Eastern Indonesia. The program’s aim is to promote behavior change around GBV in local communities, improve local capacity to serve victims of GBV, and raise awareness of the problem. Position will be based in Jayapura, Papua, with project-funded travel in the Eastern Region and to Jakarta. Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
The SBCC Advisor is responsible for leading technical work under Objective 1 of the program which aims to “reduce acceptance of GBV and gender inequality in target communities.” Working closely with other program staff and partners, s/he will lead the design and implementation of activities that develop localized approaches to community-based anti-violence dialogue and mobilization; and build the capacity of NGOs and CBOs to increase public awareness of and critical thinking about gender norms. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with other staff to select grantee NGOs and CBOs at the regency, district and community levels
- Provide technical assistance to support local partners to hone their messaging and increase the effectiveness of anti-GBV SBCC campaigns;
- Support local partners to develop community-based, anti-violence dialogue and mobilization efforts appropriate to the local contexts in Eastern Indonesia;
- Work in collaboration with local partners to develop community radio, drama, or other communication strategies to make information and critical discourse about GBV and gender relations accessible to the general public;
- Train journalists to increase their knowledge and understanding about GBV issues and improve media coverage of GBV;
- Contribute to development of tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance to project staff and partners, and serve as an advisor to the Chief of Party
- Contribute to the development of annual workplans, M&E Plan, and program progress reports.
- Contribute to the development of external project communications materials, such as success stories and social media content.
- Represent Winrock and the project to external audiences, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates will have strong technical know-how and experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all components of a behavior change communication strategy and plan to increase the effectiveness of reducing gender-based violence and gender inequality in BERSAMA areas.
Education: Bachelor degree in Communications, development communications, or equivalent in Gender/GBV studies, or other related social science and development studies
- Minimum of five years of professional expertise in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of behavior change communication strategy for various marginalized sectors, preferably integrating gender relations
- Technical experience in GBV and other related themes, specifically contextualized in Indonesia, and preferably in Eastern Indonesia
- Relevant and significant experience in training, designing and implementing capacity building plans in communications research, behavior change, targeting a wide range of stakeholders such as local NGOs, media practitioners, civil based organizations, religious and traditional leaders
- Professional expertise in developing communications plans, materials, and methods, including monitoring the impact of these on target audiences
- Excellent networking skills and proven experience in enlisting media practitioners and other key stakeholders in planning and executing major events and campaigns to promote the aims of BERSAMA
- Proven track record utilizing appropriate media to achieve BERSAMA SBCC objectives
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge or understanding of social, economic, and legal issues related to GBV, ideally in the target region of Indonesia;
- Behavior change communication strategy, from design, provision of training and technical assistance to grantees, to monitoring and evaluation;
- Effective public awareness and community-based dialogue, mobilization, and campaigns aimed at reducing the acceptance of GBV and gender inequality;
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia required, with excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.