Consultant to support development of BNPB’s Kota Tangguh guidelines
USAID’s five year “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan” (APIK) Project supports the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the regional and community levels. In support of this overall objective, APIK seeks to:
- Mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks;
- Build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards; and
- Support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
At the national level, APIK provides technical assistance to national level ministries to strengthen their understanding of climate change and the impact of weather-related natural disasters, and to mainstream tools and approaches that facilitate the systematic consideration of climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster risk reduction (DRR) in their core planning, budgeting, and operations. Given the cross-cutting nature of CCA/DRR, APIK works with economy-wide agencies—such as the Ministry of Planning (BAPPENAS) and the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB)—as well as technical ministries such as Environment and Forestry (KLHK), Marine Affairs and Fisheries (KKP), Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR), Public Works and Public Housing (PUPERA), Agrarian and Spatial Planning, and Agriculture (Kementan).
APIK is currently supporting BNPB in review and strengthen the 71 Indicators and disaster resilience Scorecard as Kota/Kabupaten resilience measurement tool, and supporting BNPB in developing Pedoman Kota Tangguh (urban resilience guidelines). This Urban Resilience Guidelines will address components and services of urban areas at Kota and Kabupaten, its elements including bio-eco-region and future climate projection toward development in Indonesian context. BNPB has assembled an ad-hoc working group to develop this guidelines where APIK is part of it. The guideline will be finalized and introduced to public in mid of October 2016 on DRR Day event.
APIK is looking for an individual consultant who can provide expertise and support the working group in the guidelines development processes.
ObjectiveObjective of this consultation work is to provide specific expertise in urban resilience in the context of Kota and Kabupaten in Indonesia; and to assist the working group achieving the respective output of a comprehensive guideline.
Scope of WorkUnder the overall supervision of the Climate Change Adaptation Advisor of APIK, the Consultant will:
- Be involved in the working group’s serial discussions; providing expert input, reviewing and compiling results.
- Ensuring communication and information exchange among working group members and liaise with other national government institutions as appropriate.
- Familiarize with the 71 Indicators and Disaster Resilience Scorecard, study the integration of both measurement tools.
- Improve the City Resilience Review Tools and integrate it in the urban resilience guideline.
- Documentation of urban resilience guideline development processes.
- Finalized urban resilience guideline document.
Level of EffortAnticipated contract duration is starting August 2016 until October 2016 with maximum 30 working days.
ReportingThe Consultant will be reporting to CCA advisor.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications no later than 26 August 2016 COB. Applicants are instructed to write “BNPB guideline support – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.