Senior Procurement Officer
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Senior Senior Procurement Officer for a 5-year USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change Adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Senior Procurement Officer is a key member of the Procurement Team. He/She will play a pivotal role in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. The main responsibility for this position is to conduct procurement of goods and services. The position requires relevant work experience in the field of procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors, contract management, dispute resolution, managing interpersonal relationships and communication, and investigating/following up on vendor issues. The position requires knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). The Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for gathering complete procurement related backup documentation and auditing prior to submission to Finance Team. He/She will develop and release solicitations, and conduct price/cost/reason-ability analyses, as well as perform any other related
duties as assigned.
- Prepare complete backup documentation for procurement purchases & submit to project’s Finance Team
- Conduct daily reviews of procurement related backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Perform regular spot audits of procurement files
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary Policies & Procedures
- Ensure integrity, compliance, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes
- Ensure adequate competition is achieved, as per DAI policies and procedures
- Ensure DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced
- Help other project staff become more familiar, and understand, the DAI policies and procedures as related to procurement
Procurement Management Systems
- Enforce use of DAI’s operations & procurement system (TAMIS), etc
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Help DAI staff understand the use of procurement systems as necessary
General Acquisition & Procurement Responsibilities
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Gather current pricing information independently
- Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications
- Determine source selection methods for complex procurement to ensure compliance
- Assist project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process
- Prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation
- Ensure procurement are approved by the required DAI authorities, and/or client approvals are received, before awards are made
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services). Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
- Maintain procurement file system in DAI’s procurement system (TAMIS)
- Work closely with various home office support staff
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in procurement at the mid-level of an organization
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID / other donor funded projects
- Experience leading and managing the procurement & acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Proficiency in English Oral and Written
Interested applicants are invited to send CV to apik_recruitment@DAI.com latest by 31 August 2016.
Please indicate “Senior Procurement Officer Application – NAME” as the Subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.