Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: FINANCE OFFICER
Duty Station: Jakarta based
Report to: Finance Controller HUB SEA
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and funding availability
The Finance Officer position is part of one or more programme or project teams and ensure the compliance regarding donor requirements in the primary process: results, budget and development of proposals and contract (implementation).
The Finance Officer coordinate with Business Development Officer(s), Project Manager(s), Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as well as to Head Office and donors.
Contract management: Administers funding (donor) and implementation (assignments) contracts in terms of ‘rights and obligations’ to comply with, operates remittance schedules and reporting cycles and prepares internal and external financial programme abd project statements. Assesses budgets and financial statements of grantees.
Income statements: Reviews and administers revenue and expenditure and income statements for individual implementations contracts assigned to Hivos ROSEA, according to donor and Hivos regulations and procedures.
Quality improvements: Advises in order to enhance accounting and reporting methods and capabilities on both the organization and the individual level.
Customer relation: Assist project teams in consultation with other stakeholders in the negotiations with donor concerning programme and project budget proposals and progress.
Roles and responsibilities
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability for each programme.
- Checking and assessing budget proposals from partner organizations in accordance with existing standards and procedures.
- Learning ROSEA and partners’ forecast to request fund to donors to ensure the availability of budget.
- Assessing financial reports from partner organizations.
- Assessing financial reports of partner organizations to ensure the accuracy and correctness of budget charging, and also to ensure the consistency with the annual report.
- Verifying whether the audited financial statements sent by partner organizations present sufficient information and insights of the overall financial management of the organizations.
- Verifying all office equipment procured are in accordance with donors requirements.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Ensuring the availability of all financial information for the reports in Hivos ROSEA database.
- Liaising with all related parties in preparing the financial reports.
- Preparing financial reports by consolidating financial report of partner organizations and Hivos ROSEA for checking and approval of FO and Hivos Office Donor Relations.
- Ensuring the completeness of supporting financial documents as required by donors
- Filing financial documentation
- Establishing filing system to ensure the availability of required financial documents of programmes.
- Ensuring all office equipment purchased by programmes are registered, maintained and handed over as required by donors.
- Organizing external audit for partner organizations
- Scheduling external audits for partner organizations as required by donors.
- Coordinating with the appointed auditor and partner organizations to ensure the timeliness of audit report submissions to donors.
- Providing data to auditor.
- Assisting partner organizations in financial management.
- Providing advices on financial matters related to programmes.
- Supporting Hivos ROSEA office accounting as required.
- Contributing to project update as well as project coordination meeting.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Finance Officer graded in Grade: 9 (from 1-12 Hivos’s salary grade)
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than Aug 14th , 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Finance Officer’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.