The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations.
Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
BC/Social Mobilization Specialist based in Jakarta Office (JOB CODE : BCSM-JKT)
Task and Responsibility:
The BC/Social Mobilization Specialist will coordinate the overall IUWASH PLUS BC/Social Mobilization program of both the IUWASH PLUS regions as well as with stakeholders at national level (GOI, donors, STBM, PERPAMSI, Pokja-AMPL, and others). The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing technical input on the development of BC/Marketing strategy
- Developing BC/Social Mobilization strategy that is reflecting STBM implementation in urban setting and sustainable behavior change. The BC and social mobilization strategy will use the existing BC/Social Mobilization such as SaniPath to ensure community participation into IUWASH PLUS program, increasing access to WASH and sustainable behavior change and lead the regional team apply the strategy into regional level programs.
- Coordinate and support other national specialist under BC/Social Mobilization; IEC materials/communication Specialist, WASH Training Specialist and CEM Specialist under Component 1.
- Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS Regional programs on BC/Social Mobilization through:
- Providing overall technical and strategic guidance in the implementation of all activities related to BC and Social mobilization
- Preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets resulting in agreed action plans, incorporating cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and National stakeholders,
- Monitoring and Reporting of BC/Social Mobilization, training/capacity building, community engagement activities and IEC materials in all IUWASH PLUS locations, in line with approved project proposals and budgets, including SOW for field activities implemented by regional teams (STTA, events, subcontracts, trainings, exchange visits, etc.)
- Maintaining regular contact with Regional BC/Marketing Specialists, joining regular IUWASH meetings, and providing advice to Regional Managers and the BC/Marketing Advisor on priority technical issues.
- Developing concept of IEC material/communication tool (leaflet, banner, brochures etc) to support the implementation of BC/Social Mobilization, in coordination with other specialists under Component I and with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 2, Strengthening City and Districts WASH Institutional Strengthening; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Coordinate and support IUWASH PLUS activities with National stakeholders on BC/Social Mobilization:
- Identify and liaison with and support of national and international stakeholders, who are (or will be) involved in the implementation of BC/Social Mobilization/STBM
- BC/Social Mobilization activities in IUWASH target areas. This includes the compilation of a network of other related donor-supported STBM programs for same target groups.
- Documenting lessons learned on the implementation of BC/Social Mobilization/STBM in urban setting and share to National stakeholders as well as to regional BC/Marketing Specialist, other specialist under Component 1 and with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 2, Strengthening City and Districts WASH Institutional Strenghtening; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Ensure strong linkages between BC/Social Mobilization programs and activities of Component 1 with other programs and activities in the same Component, as well as with other IUWASH PLUS Components, including: Component 2, Strengthening City and Districts WASH Institutional Strenghtening; Component 3, Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and Component 4, Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
- Identify opportunities and support activities to utilize the Local Sustainability & Innovation Fund to advance increased safe water access to poorest 40% of the population.
- In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, develop participatory monitoring and evaluation tool to ensure the sustainability of program implementation and behavior change, as well as monitor the overall access increase under the implementation of IUWASH PLUS as required by the IUWASH PLUS Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
- Advance university degree at least a university degree (S1) majoring in public health and/or social science or other related field academic coursework or short term training in behavior and social change/social mobilization
- Minimum 8-years professional
work experience in social mobilization, behavior change and social development
programs, including technical assistance or as a consultant of enterprises
preferably in similar issues.
- Knowledge and experiences in Water,
Sanitation ; Waste Water Management
and Hygiene Issues
- Familiar with social mobilization and community
participatory concepts, including engaging community with government, and the
applications for the WASH sector in Indonesia
- Able to work independently in
limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
- Excellent team player with a
range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community
facilitation, training and organizing work
- Experience in report writing, preferable in English
APPLICATION SENDInterested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before August 20, 2016. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.