TITLE: Assistant Program Officer (APO) Environmental Governance Program for Papua and West Papua
UNIT: Indonesia Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Environmental Governance Program
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The APO will work as part of the environmental governance program team responsible for proposal and program development, administration of grants, and provision of technical assistance to partners under the SETAPAK program. The APO will also be responsible for program implementation and budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, that mainly focus in Papua and West Papua provinces and drafting report to donors. The APO will support the Program Officer (PO) to provide technical assistance to partners to program objective by Papua and West Papua province partners and others SETAPAK’s province partners. S/he is also expected to represent the Foundation in public forums and to raise the profile of the environmental governance program.
- Regular contact with all SETAPAK team member and TAF’s Jakarta staffs
- Support SETAPAK Director and Deputy Director and Program Officer for Papua and West Papua
- Contact with other program and theme staff in the Foundation’s offices in the US and Asia.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other local and international NGOs and government agencies including in Papua and West Papua
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing donors and funding agencies, especially DFID UKCCU.
- Attend conferences, events and donor coordination meetings on behalf of the Foundation.
- Assist in developing and maintaining good public relations.
- Participate in strategic planning to develop, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate the Foundation’s environmental governance program.
- A main responsibility of the Assistant Program Officer is to assist Program Officer of managing a portfolio of Papua and West Papua partners as well as assist Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to managing monitoring and evaluation activities. S/he will assist Program Officer for Papua and West Papua on developing program activities; identify partner and government agencies; ensure that deliverables are clear, monitor and facilitate programs so they are met on time and within budget; obtain timely and compliant reports; and critically evaluate outcomes. S/he will also assist M&E Officer to implement monitoring and evaluation activities such monitor log frame achievement, M&E plan, compile regular partners report on M&E activities and findings and coordinate within SETAPAK teams and others units.
- Prepare letters of agreement, internal narrative reports, correspond with grantees, troubleshoot any emerging difficulties in reaching deliverables, and supervise preparation of grant administration by the Program Assistant. Drafting of terms of reference for consultants and coordination of technical assistance to local partners.
- Develop and maintain contacts with other local and international NGOs working on environmental governance issues, and raise the profile of the Foundation’s activities and ensure coordination.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing donors and funding agencies.
- Develop working relationships with government agencies at national levels, in order to assist and strengthen SETAPAK’s program.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual reports to donor.
- Understand and comply with requirements placed on the Foundation by donor.
- Represent the Asia Foundation at conferences, events and donor coordination meetings.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in an international development environment.
- Knowledge of governance, anti-corruption, democracy, human rights, legal reform, environmental issues in Indonesia;
- Experience working with Indonesian NGOs especially in Papua and West Papua;
- Excellent program management and organizational skills. Ability to juggle a range of projects simultaneously with little supervision. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision-making;
- Experience working on budgets and handling routine financial management;
- Prior experience on an international donor-funded program highly desirable.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in political science, law, public policy, development studies, or other relevant area.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices an asset.
- Team-building and networking skills an asset.
Will be base in Jakarta Office
Will be base in Jakarta Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to email@example.com by September 2, 2016. Please write “ Assistant Program Officer - Environmental Governance” on the subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.