The Sulu-Sulawesi Marine Eco-region (SSME) or Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape is located in the western Indo Pacific region at the apex of the Coral Triangle covering 1 million km² of marine and terrestrial areas in Indonesia (North Sulawesi and East and North Kalimantan), Malaysia (Sabah) and the Philippines. The Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) recognizes the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape as one of its priority seascapes.
The Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape Project, with funding support from the Federal German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), is implemented by the partner organisations in the respective countries and GIZ under the umbrella of CTI-CFF.
The overall project outcome is:
The countries of the Sulu-Sulawesi-Seascape, a priority seascape under the CTI-CFF, implement their actions within the framework of the Regional Plan of Action (RPOA) in a more coordinated manner, with a special focus on Marine Protected Areas (MPA), an Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM) and Climate Change Adaptation Planning.
As the project approach is tri-national, the outputs of this project should be replicated in the three countries of the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape as well as the larger Coral Triangle Region in which they are embedded.
We are seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Advisor for CTI – CFF
(Duty based in Manado – Indonesia)
The incumbent will lead and steer the organisational and capacity development activities for the CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat and relevant stakeholders. S/He will also work on the improvement of coordination mechanisms among the CTI-CFF member countries with a focus on the Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape. Further s/he will handle project related knowledge management and dissemination of results within CTI-CFF. S/he will liaise and work closely with all relevant CTI-CFF organs such as the Regional Secretariat, the Heads of the Working Groups and National Coordinating Committees (NCC) as needed. S/he will oversee and coordinate all project activities related to CTI-CFF’s organisational and capacity development and will be responsible for monitoring and reporting thereon. This post includes frequent travels throughout the region.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
- Provides technical guidance on organisational development for CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat and other stakeholders.
- Strengthens the performance capabilities of CTI-CFF through a capacity assessment, elaboration of a capacity development concept, and design and implementation of selected capacity building measures such as training and other appropriate support.
- Supports the improvement of coordinating mechanisms of the CTI-CFF.
- Supports the implementation and institutionalization of CTI-CFF’s Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management System.
- Ensures quality of the project sponsored measures including technical design / supervision / implementation.
- Ensures the documentation and utilization of technical expertise, lessons learnt and best practices through monitoring, documentation and reporting of progress and results as well as contributions to publications, technical papers, posters and PR activities.
- Establishes contacts and close coordination with key persons in CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat, member countries and other relevant development initiatives during project planning and implementation.
- Represents GIZ or the project in relevant working groups and local and international meetings.
- Performs other tasks relevant to the project or organization when the need arises (e.g. assisting/ writing proposals); participates in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavors.
- Advance degree (Master’s or higher) in organisational/institutional development, education, psychology, community development or any related human resource development (or its equivalent) preferably in the field of biodiversity conservation, coastal, fisheries or any related marine environmental management (or its equivalent). In the absence of a master’s degree, extensive experience (e.g. 10 years) in organizational development may potentially be acceptable
- Previous experience leading systematic/programmatic organizational and individual capacity development programs and demonstrating pre-, mid- and post-intervention improvement in skills through multi-year time-frames
- Previous experience of working with the Sulu-Sulawesi Marine Ecoregion (SSME)/ Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape and/or CTI-CFF, or high impact national, regional and global programmes related issues is an asset.
- Experience in development-related advisory services, inter-agency and international cooperation, negotiation of partnerships, mobilization of resources and management of programmes are especially relevant.
- Proven track record of excellent monitoring and evaluation and working experience in aforementioned fields.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic in thinking: able to think long-term implications of approaches, decisions, and actions
- Ability to communicate and to relate with people of diverse cultures and at all levels of a hierarchical organization and constructively cooperate with colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and collaborate with people in multidisciplinary teams as well as institutions.
- Ability to transmit knowledge in a user-oriented way.
- Results and performance oriented.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
Duty Station: Manado, North Sulawesi - Indonesia
Direct Supervisor: Project Director of SSME
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 4 September 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SSME_CTI-CFF Advisor
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.