Terms of Reference (ToR)
Title: Communication Expert
Duration of Contract: 15 days
Working Period: September – October 2016
Act No. 5 Year 2014 on the Civil Service is a key driver to promote reforms on how the civil service is managed. The Law has established the Civil Service Commission (Komisi Aparatur Sipil Negara/KASN) to ensure the implementation of merit principles in all phases of human resource management of the civil service, especially in the recruitment and placement of approximately 12,000 senior executive staff (JPT) in all government institutions, and to supervise the implementation of the codes of ethics and conduct.
As a recently established agency, KASN is in need of support to build its institutional capacity, particularly its communication capacity. Communications play a crucial role for influencing governance relationship, connecting KASN with the civil servants and related stakeholders, and increasing citizen’s awareness and participation to oversee the civil service code of conduct. Currently, KASN has four main platforms for their public outreach: website, twitter, Facebook and YouTube, while they are also utilizing their offline communication through socialization or other public outreach events. KASN has reached 599 followers on Twitter and 1,373 likes on Facebook. However, KASN faces some obstacles in maximizing and integrating the online & offline communication platform.
In this regard, USAID CEGAH plans to engage an Indonesian expert to assess the effectiveness of KASN’s current communication programs and platforms (including priorities, target audience(s), messages, types of media platforms). It includes determining whether the current communication strategies are aligned with the agency’s goal and objectives and developing specific recommendations to their communication practices.
- Assess current KASN communication strategy
- Provide recommendation to improve KASN public outreach
- Ten (10 days for)
- Based on the recommendation on long-term communications strategy, assist KASN to develop detailed communication action plan, which at least include several issues:
- Social media
- Printed publications
- Public speaking
- Public outreach events
- Engagement with journalists & media (press releases, articles, etc.)
- Organizational structure of KASN communication team
- Recommend a detailed follow-up program plan and write TOR on USAID CEGAH assistance for KASN’s public outreach in 2016 and 2017
- Present recommendation to KASN
- Assessment report of current outreach strategy of KASN
- Recommendation on long-term communications strategy, system and structure
- Detailed communication action plan & program
- TOR for USAID CEGAH follow-up program for KASN’s public outreach
- Final presentation & report
- Hold Master degree in communication or related area of study
- Has at least 5 years of experiences working in relevant areas (communication, public speaking, , marketing, media, or related fields), experiences in assisting government’s communication are preferred.
- Has experience in conducting communication assessment or audit
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Has experienced working on Indonesia’s civil service or administrative reforms issues
Please send CV, application letter and sample of website/application developed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00pm Jakarta time on Friday, September 02, 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.