The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL’s Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.We are now looking for:
MONITORING & EVALUATION COORDINATOR
Terms and Condition
Start Date: September, 2016
Duration of Contract: One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area: The Community Outreach & Awareness Team Leader will be based in Palembang, South Sumatera
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluation & Safeguard Manager
Key Purpose of the JobThe Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation processes and practices to measure project impact. S/he will be expected to ensure performance indicators and output, outcome and impact data are prepared and collected. In addition the job holder will contribute to project effectiveness framework and learning including to support project’s safeguard, reporting and database system.
This position is part of the UKCCU/NICFI Project staffing in South Sumatra.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that reduces land-based GHG emissions”.
- Responsible to coordinate the assessment’s needs with stakeholder, private sector and public sector.
- Responsible to ensure the assessment’s findings are well documented and reported.
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation and Safeguard Manager in the development of ME system and process
- Conduct required data analysis (both qualitative and quantitative data) and present information to support in decision making.
- Managing and coordinating the entry process of ME data, include support for regularly ME database updating.
- Assisting with the design of Safeguard and ME data collection strategies and instruments.
- Implement effective communication channels within the project and wider partnership
- Responsible to implement working arrangements with agreed timelines and objectives with each of the project partners.
- Responsible to implement training programs to staff and primary stakeholders in coordination with other managers.
- Support the submission of annual work plan and technical reports.
- Perform any other duties as required.
The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
Mental DemandsThe position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
FlexibilityThe position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
Expectations of Job Holder
- To ensure that the policy for equality of opportunity is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work.
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post.
- Demonstrate professionalism towards sensitive and confidential information.
- To comply with and promote Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as and when necessary.
- To be committed to professional self-development, through participation in in-service training as necessary for the successful carrying out of the job.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Person SpecificationQualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, applied mathematics or any other relevant subject
- Minimum 7 years successful experience working in similar position with an international organization, preferably an NGO
- Experience in project design, monitoring, review and evaluation and the application of this information to project quality improvements
- Understanding about wildlife conservation, particularly in Indonesia is an advantage
- Knowledge of national and local government policies and regulations.
- Knowledge and application of basic research methodologies - both quantitative and qualitative.
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy (excellent IT skills); competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and other MS tools; preferably have high-level skills in using Open Data Kit (ODK) and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, or SAS;
- Able to work independently without supervision but also accustomed to working in a team;
- Good communications skills - able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
- Mentoring the development of technical skills and quality reasoning in others
- Self starter, pro-active and uses initiative - can work independently and prioritize own work load;
- Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
- Good oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
- Highly motivated.
- Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
- Excellent in writing skills and oral communication both in Indonesian and English.
- Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
- Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English, relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than August, 26, 2016, to email@example.com, placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your name. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.