DEPARTMENT: Amnesty International Indonesia
JOB PURPOSE: The Amnesty International Indonesia Director is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing strategies, operational plans and budgets for the work of Amnesty International Indonesia in alignment with Amnesty International’s Strategic Goals and towards the establishment and development of an effective AI presence in the country. Once established, the Director is accountable for management of the staff, resources, office in-country and operations of AI Indonesia ensuring the application of AI policy and quality standards across the operations throughout the office and provision of political advice for AI’s work on Indonesia. Externally the Director is responsible for building national relationships and Amnesty International’s profile in Indonesia and within the Amnesty International movement. The Director will represent AI at a senior level with the Indonesian government and others.
AI PURPOSE: Amnesty International is a truly global human rights movement, made up of millions of individual members and supporters who are passionate about defending human rights for all and who believe the world would be a better place if together we took injustice personally. By mobilising the humanity in everyone, shining a light on human rights abuses wherever they may occur and speaking truth to power, for over 50 years now we have been making a tangible difference in the lives of those who are denied their basic rights, every hour, every day.
Reporting to: The Senior Director of the Office of the Secretary General
Posts that this job manages: The Director will be responsible for the direct line management of relevant roles covering functions such as general operations, research, campaigns, advocacy, fundraising, media and growth, and have overall accountability for effective line management of all posts within the country.
Other key relationships: The Director represents Amnesty International in Indonesia to the public, government, business leaders, IGOs, media, current and potential donors, partner NGOs and CBOs, and rights-holders and promotes strategic collaboration and partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
The post holder also works in close collaboration with:
- South East Asia Regional Advisory Group
- South East Asia Director
- Relevant colleagues at the South East Asia Regional Office and the wider, global International Secretariat
- Colleagues of Amnesty International in Sections around the world
In collaboration with relevant IS colleagues and programmes the Director is responsible for the following tasks:
Delivering Human Rights impact through organisational management and leadership:
- Develop and promote an organisational vision and human rights and growth strategy for AI Indonesia which articulates the AI’s Strategic Goals and inspires and motivates internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that AI maintains its pre-eminent position in the field of human rights legal and policy analysis by ensuring the application of AI standards of work, including AI’s human rights policy and standards, the accuracy of the analysis and application of law and policy
- Recruit, develop and manage the performance of project staff, volunteers and consultants, in order to ensure that impact oriented operational plans are delivered on time to a high standard and in compliance with AI’s Staff Terms and Conditions of Employment, related policies and local employment law.
- Develop, monitor and provide internal and external reports on project budgets and financial issues in line with the Financial Policy of Amnesty International Indonesia and manage the annual audit of the financial accounts in compliance with local regulations to ensure that the operational plans are delivered in line with the approved budgets and with sound financial accountability. To identify resource needs of the office and work in collaboration with the International Secretariat to ensure resource needs are met.
- Establish and implement quality control systems to ensure that the activities of Amnesty International Indonesia meet the organizational standards of timeliness, accuracy, consistency, balance, independence and impartiality and meet impact indicators. Ensure the identification and sharing of best practice models with the movement and timely reporting against key performance indicators of the entity.
- Establish a culture of engagement across the movement to model One Amnesty and its benefits.
External Representation of the Amnesty International movement within Indonesia:
- Develop, maintain and utilize effective working relationships with key external stakeholders including partner organizations, networks, coalitions, donors and key internal stakeholders in order to identify and take advantage of opportunities for cooperation, collaboration and information sharing which will increase the impact and influence of the work of AI Indonesia.
- Leverage Indonesia’s influence regionally and globally by calling on the government to be a global leader promoting human rights domestically and internationally. Coordinate advocacy and lobbying work in Indonesia, including building relationships with partner organizations, the media and government and working with global sections to maximise the influence of their international solidarity work.
- Identify and ensure relationships are built with key donors, funding constituencies and high net worth individuals
- Represent Amnesty International in Indonesia at public events, to NGOs, the media, International Organizations and the government in order to ensure that Amnesty International has a visible profile with external stakeholders in Indonesia and in order to deliver impact in compliance with AI’s mission and strategy in Indonesia.
- As the Chief Media spokesperson in the country, interact with the
media proactively and support the organization with media activities in
order to support AI research and high level missions and to ensure
compliance with the organizational standards for media work.
- Accountable for the overall health, safety and security of the office in order to ensure that the office carries out the facilities, logistical and administrative functions required in order to effectively carry out its activities and support those of AI Indonesia.
- Maintain an overview of the political situation, strategic opportunities for growth and mobilization and other relevant developments in Indonesia in relation to civil society, human rights in order to propose strategic opportunities to leverage influence and for the risk management of the work of Amnesty International in Indonesia
- Oversee a fundraising strategy for Amnesty International Indonesia, including membership recruitment, retention and development strategies and funding strategies, which delivers an agreed gross revenue amount
- Ensure the development of effective communication tools to grow and retain an engaged and dynamic membership and supporter base through high quality supporter relationship management processes for Amnesty International in Indonesia
- Ensure Amnesty International Indonesia strengthens its roots through the growth of a strong and impactful human rights programme that delivers, a large activist base; produces strong research and policy reports; achieves campaign objectives as agreed per work outlined in the organisation’s strategic plan
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commitment to and substantial knowledge of human rights.
- Demonstrated knowledge of political, economic and social trends in Indonesia and deep understanding of challenges of developing activist organizations in the country.
- An understanding of the civil society landscape in Indonesia.
- Knowledge of campaigning, fundraising, media and communications and project management with the ability to lead the organisation’s strategic planning, and ensure the monitoring and evaluation of performance and impact
- Exemplary communication skills, both oral and written, and fluency in English.
- Demonstrated people management skills, including the ability to manage complex relationships with private and public sector stakeholders in the region including media, donors and high level governmental and non-governmental officials.
- Strategic and analytical thinking with the ability to translate strategy and concepts into action and to review and adapt plans as required.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills, in particular an appreciation for the importance of strong fiscal management.
- Strong facilitation skills – the ability to listen and learn from diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Proven record of senior level leadership and management success, preferably in an international organization.
- Experience of effective lobbying governments and intergovernmental agents for policy change.
- Strong relationships and track record with national media and
funding institutions and experience of building public
constituency/membership in Indonesia.
- Sound, mature judgment and integrity and understanding of both physical and political security issues.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Readiness to report and be accountable
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.